Honored Contributor

But QVC tends to do things like that.... people think Lori Grenier is the "inventor" of a whole host of products.  She buys patents, BUYS them, changes things around (perhaps)... then presents the item as her invention.  When I found this out (way prior to Shark Tank) I totally lost respect for this woman.  She's a business woman, she's very good at what she does... she doesn't need to embellish her credentials.  It isn't the fact that she buys patents that has soured me but QVC's promotion of her (and her own) that she's an inventor and she holds xxx amount of patents.  Well, sure she does, she buys them!     

There was a product I purchased from Lock n Lock (a vacuum sealed unit to keep bread & pastries fresh).  It was horrible, turned the unit into it's own humid environment and after about 4 months everything soured and turned in about 48 hours.  This was taken off the market, and Q didn' sell it anymore.  THEN ONE DAY, it turned up on the Q.... being promoted as HER INVENTION.  Same unit, same product except without the L n L logo~!  She apparently bought the patent for this thing.  It didn't last long on the Q which prompted me to believe it had the same problems even without a lot of reviews (it took a few months for the environment in the unit to change).  

That's when I knew exactly what she was dong.  

I've purchased a few of her items, and what I have are good... the point being that the Q and she herself misrepresents exactly what is happening.

And a lot of us who've been here a LONG time have LOOOONG memories.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Regular Contributor

thumbs down on the measuring cups, angels that are bells, the awkward & ugly luminaria things she was pushing the other day....really not unique, cool or pretty.  Plus talking to us the viewers like we are stupid and never ever thought to invert a bowl to use as a stand or that we are so stupid we couldn't possibly think on our own to chill a bowl prior to filling it with a salad....sooooooo annoying.

Regular Contributor

Tara is just annoying - period.  Immediate channel flip.

Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

But QVC tends to do things like that.... people think Lori Grenier is the "inventor" of a whole host of products.  She buys patents, BUYS them, changes things around (perhaps)... then presents the item as her invention.  When I found this out (way prior to Shark Tank) I totally lost respect for this woman.  She's a business woman, she's very good at what she does... she doesn't need to embellish her credentials.  It isn't the fact that she buys patents that has soured me but QVC's promotion of her (and her own) that she's an inventor and she holds xxx amount of patents.  Well, sure she does, she buys them!     

There was a product I purchased from Lock n Lock (a vacuum sealed unit to keep bread & pastries fresh).  It was horrible, turned the unit into it's own humid environment and after about 4 months everything soured and turned in about 48 hours.  This was taken off the market, and Q didn' sell it anymore.  THEN ONE DAY, it turned up on the Q.... being promoted as HER INVENTION.  Same unit, same product except without the L n L logo~!  She apparently bought the patent for this thing.  It didn't last long on the Q which prompted me to believe it had the same problems even without a lot of reviews (it took a few months for the environment in the unit to change).  

I've purchased a few of her items, and what I have are good... the point being that the Q and she herself misrepresents exactly what is happening.

I so agree with this. My DH watches Shark Tank and I caught site of Lori bidding on one of the products and then it showed up on the Q as her own. I told DH, she can't do that-she didn't invent it, that girl on Shark Tank did! Business-I just stay out of things like this-don't understand it.

Honored Contributor

@retired5 wrote:

I wonder how rich Tara McConnell is.....I'm sure QVC has made her a millionaire many times over....surely she has made as much money as she will ever need in her life. I like and own some of her products but am getting bored with her dinnerware and the patterns. Surely, there is another manufacturer that can offer a "new type of dinnerware and bake ware"...and I'm not talking about one of the salespeople already on QVC like Chef this and Chef that , Rachel Ray, Bluejeans Chef, Tony, Mark Charles, ...if one product sells all of a sudden they all have their own pots and pans, bake ware, knives tote bags, silverware etc. which QVC endorses into the ground. And no, Tara your mother did not invent the ice in the bottom of a serving dish....This has been around for over 70 years. check out any buffet over the years. My mother back in the 50's served her dishes this way. And no the dishes are not "naturally" stick resistant either....not without a heavy spray of oil. (I wish they'd be more forthcoming about this fact) The dinner ware reminds me of when you could buy pieces at grocery stores at a discount for purchase of groceries . Of course I'm sure QVC's high percentage of income from their sales is very appealing for them to continue these people on air. Just my opinion

Okay, I give up .... just who IS this Tara person?

Contributor

Tara is a VERY good friend to David Venable......He has said this many times....reason she is ALWAYS on his shows.

Honored Contributor

@jenjen1127 wrote:

I can't take much more of the Temptations Line and Tara.  It seems like QVC has turned into the Tara Show.  Enough already.

There is something about Tara that I intensely dislike so I never watch her.  I think it's her smugness, lack of customer appreciation and lack of humility.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

She

@Judaline wrote:

@Q4u wrote:

I so agree with this. My DH watches Shark Tank and I caught site of Lori bidding on one of the products and then it showed up on the Q as her own. I told DH, she can't do that-she didn't invent it, that girl on Shark Tank did! Business-I just stay out of things like this-don't understand it.

Lori is more of a promoter and marketer of new products than she is an inventor.  She has contracts with people to market their ideas and they split the profits.  And she CAN do that!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I have a question for YOU: Please explain how it is that you have been on this board for several years, yet have NO clue about the names of regular QVC vendors.

Tara has been presenting items for several years. On the other thread, you did not know Chris, the Lock and Lock lady. I think I have seen you wonder who other vendors are as well.

10,000 plus posts and you don't watch QVC on TV or the computer? Even if you don't, most of their names come up on this board on a regular basis.

I am mystified!

Honored Contributor

No more Polish stoneware, which plenty of people would spend boo coo bucks for if we could get it, but they continue to sell that junk.