Esteemed Contributor

TV screen being blocked by....

Not even sure what it is called but when I tune in to QVC and or HSN there is a square ad or memo or whatever blocking the lower right side.  Seems some person or product is constantly being featured with the instructions to select it.  Sorry I seem vague but I have no clue what is being offered and frankly I don't care.  It obstructs my view so  I tune out and watch something else.  

Respected Contributor

Re: TV screen being blocked by....

@bonnielu    I've noticed this too and don't like it as well.  If I can't see the entire product, then I don't need to watch.  

Interestingly enough, the other shopping channels' screens are not obstructed.  Hmmm.

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

@bonnielu   I have Comcast cable.  Hit the exit key on your remote and it will clear it away.

Someone mentioned they had learned it from their husband on a thread from a few days ago.  Fortunately, I had already figured it out when this first started happening quite  a while ago.

Best,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

Hit exit or escape on your tv remote.

Respected Contributor

Is it the new streaming venue thats showing up?

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I have Comcast.  I was not sure if this was QVC or Comcast.  In any case annoying.  I don't watch that often but this is one more reason to tune to another station.  Thanks.  

Respected Contributor

@aroc3435 @Thanks! That works!

Super Contributor

Why do we have to keep hitting the exit button every time we tune in to QVC or HSN?  There should be some way to get rid of that annoying feature that they added. 

Esteemed Contributor

Wondering if it is a DEAL from QVC with Comcast. Annoying and invasion of property.privacy... whatever.  I might just complain.  I pay them enough to leave me alone.

Valued Contributor

makes me change the channel..WHo is the birdbrain graphic person who thought this was a good idea ??