Honored Contributor

TO CLOTHIERS / FABRIC CONTENT

A lot of ladies live in terribly hot and humid areas.   In the summer months, cotton fabrics are the best because of perspiration absorption, and it doesn't hold in body heaat like polyesters do.   Please consider us when selecting fabrics for spring and summer clothing.   Thank you,  SC

Trusted Contributor

Re: TO CLOTHIERS / FABRIC CONTENT

I agree. I love buying tops on the Q, but the fabrics are to hot where I live. I bought some cotton top years ago that were Liz Claiborne but they don't sell Liz anymore.

Respected Contributor

I cannot agree more, @sweetee2 !!  Who wears polyester (especially on top) anytime, much less in the summer?  Q has become 90% man made fabrics and I refuse to purchase.  Bring back more cotton and or modal, please!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sweet Caroline 1@redwingsgal@sweetee2  Cotton and natural fabrics (year round) is necessary in any state! Doesn't have to be in a warmer area of the country. Who wants to wear polyester or other mystery materials which don't breathe? I'm also concerned about the environment. Please, QVC, think about ecology when purchasing everything for customers. These products eventually need to be recycled and, hopefully, will be biodegradeable. No one needs plastic clothing to stuff the landfills forever and ever along with the bottles and bags!
We are taught (as children) to leave this Earth better than we found it. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I, for one, do not want to wear cotton or anything else that has to be ironed.  If its too hot for poly, it's too hot to be ironing.  I see no difference whatsoever between a 100% cotton garment and one that is a 60/40 cotton poly mix.  I spent many years living in Houston and West Texas and wore Susan's 100% poly fabrics and was perfectly comfortable as they were lightweight, loose, and airy.  Nothing is hotter than a 100% cotton pair of jeans.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment

I have to agree with the ladies that wrote about needing more cotton fabrics used in the all the different designers on QVC.  To my knowledge Isaac Mizrahi and Du Jour are the two clothing designs that use cotton most often.  I know the cotton has it's drawbacks but polyester, rayon, etc. are way to hot for those of use who are suffering our own personal summers.  So many beautiful items are shown on QVC and I will rarely succumb to buying them because of their ma=made fabric content.  Please consider my plea.  QVC is now my only shopping choices these days and I would appreciate some thought to this subject.

Thx,  Norfolk, VA

Respected Contributor

@Sweet Caroline 1 @redwingsgal I wear polyester year round...and I live in hot, humid South Carolina, plus I work in hot, humid Georgia! I like it because it doesn't wrinkle or shrink up while wearing as many cottons do on me.

I understand "cooler" fabrics like cotton if a lot of time is spent outdoors, but most days for me that time is limited to walking from my car to my office and back again, or to my car from my house and back again. The rest of the time is spent in air-conditioning!

You want more cotton, fine, lots of people love it. But never assume that EVERYONE feels the same way! And the question "Who wears polyester, anyway?" is ridiculous...a lot of people must wear it or so much of it wouldn't be sold.

Honored Contributor

I hate to be so gross, but which evaporates sooner, sweat soaked cotton or sweat soaked polyester?  Give me polyester any hot humid day. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 I couldn't agree more. I won't buy anything that's 100% cotton. To me, it wrinkles too easy & I refuse to iron. I'm in N. Texas, I know the humidity!

Honored Contributor

For me, wearing polyester tops is like wearing a plastic garbage bag.  It holds in the heat.  I can't even stand it in winter because it still makes me too hot.  I avoid poly like the plague.