Honored Contributor

@katiescarlett wrote:

This thing is just awful.  Now, I am not opposed to change if it is for the better, but this ain't!  Can't see recent posts prior to the change, and I just happened to stumble upon you guys.   This, as far as I am concerned, is just one more nail in the coffin for QVC for me.

Katie, I agree with you...  I'm giving them a whirl, seeing how they flesh out, but I'm not sure how for how long I'll contiunue with these boards.  Yes, I know, I was somewhat a fixture on the old ones, but when the thrill is gone, it's gone (to coin a phrase...) and there's just not much left to QVC that appeals at any level...

It wasn't enough that the programming, on-air 'talent', mix of products, pricing, lack of variety, repetition, Easy Pay and shipping games, and so on... had become virtually untenable, but now, not even the boards are much fun and you know, when there ceases to be any draw whatsoever, then it's more than likely time to move on...  I can pretty much guarantee, though, that the less time I spend on the boards, the less I will be shopping with QVC.  Up until now, they were a way to keep some of us hooked in.  I hope they realize that and make some needed tweaks here.  If not, I'm sure QVC and I will both do just fine without each other.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

Yes this looks really dumb.  The forum was fine before.  Another case of tech people justifying their jobs.  About ready to call it quits on this forum.  The less I visit the forum, the less I buy as I have purchased items mentioned by other posters.

ITA!  I find myself finding out about "items I need" on the forum and will order less if I visit less.  I admit I am not a fan of change but IMO the Q took a simple, easy to navigate, fun place to chat and really screwed it up.  It seems to be just one more way they are actually chasing their customers away.  Way to go Q!

Esteemed Contributor

I have found that I've spent so much time trying to figure out what's going on here, that I haven't paid any attention to what's actually being SOLD on QVC!  I usually check in on Monday nights to see what shenanigans Amy is up to on Inspired Style and then with "Lor" on her show... at least I get a laugh once in a while when they go a little overboard!  But I can't tell you a single garment that was shown on any fashion show last night... that says a lot right there.  My credit card was safe in my wallet!

One thing I don't like here is that when the reply box comes up, unless you're directly quoting someone, you can't see any of the other posts on the thread.  Sometimes I want to reply to someone or to several posts in general, and I could look at those (if on the same page) while I was typing my response.  Can't do THAT anymore.  

Another major thing I DON'T like about this new forum is the fact that it's almost impossible to find the threads I already posted on and the comments I made.  A result, no doubt, of someone erroneously deciding to deprive us of our posting history, i.e., "Activity"... I made a comment on a thread yesterday that I wanted to go back to, but for the life of me, I can't find it.  I think I know which thread it was, but there are so many posts there now, I don't know if it's that important to find it.  With the old boards, it would have been so easy!

Are you listening or reading, Social Team???????????  More time spent here trying to find and decipher = less time spent watching QVC and BUYING! (thumbs down emotie - if one were available).....

Honored Contributor

Too bad the TWOP Forum is no longer in business, because that would be a welcomed option where we can all migrate and leave this lousy Forum behind!!!  There is another Forum but I get bad vibes from those folks---

I hate to say it, but I think it's easier to follow a conversation on FB.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Me too KS.....and if a Football Forum can make sub topics and easy to follow conversation the entire Q Tech Team should be able to ...... maybe they should hire Sumo, he seems to know what he's doing.....Cat Mad 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: THE Q DID WHAT?

[ Edited ]

@kittymomNC wrote:

I have found that I've spent so much time trying to figure out what's going on here, that I haven't paid any attention to what's actually being SOLD on QVC!  I usually check in on Monday nights to see what shenanigans Amy is up to on Inspired Style and then with "Lor" on her show... at least I get a laugh once in a while when they go a little overboard!  But I can't tell you a single garment that was shown on any fashion show last night... that says a lot right there.  My credit card was safe in my wallet!

One thing I don't like here is that when the reply box comes up, unless you're directly quoting someone, you can't see any of the other posts on the thread.  Sometimes I want to reply to someone or to several posts in general, and I could look at those (if on the same page) while I was typing my response.  Can't do THAT anymore.  

Another major thing I DON'T like about this new forum is the fact that it's almost impossible to find the threads I already posted on and the comments I made.  A result, no doubt, of someone erroneously deciding to deprive us of our posting history, i.e., "Activity"... I made a comment on a thread yesterday that I wanted to go back to, but for the life of me, I can't find it.  I think I know which thread it was, but there are so many posts there now, I don't know if it's that important to find it.  With the old boards, it would have been so easy!

Are you listening or reading, Social Team???????????  More time spent here trying to find and decipher = less time spent watching QVC and BUYING! (thumbs down emotie - if one were available).....

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Agree, agree, agree, KMNC...  I liked being able to reference posts above and I miss being able to simply and easily access my own posts...  I also really fail to see how them failing to migrate current and recent threads and posts differs whatsoever from those times when a roboposter moved all of the old posts to the forefront... Same impact only this time it was sanctioned by them!  Also agree on the limited and not very useful emoticons.  You can't even see what 'face' their supposed to be making...  And the biggie, yes, although I don't watch much Q these days anyway, and tend to stir clear of most of the Monday programming, I actually had Issac and PMS on last night, but wasn't attending to a bit of it, because I was figuring all THIS out!!  Interesting that some of the ladies over on WHAT SHOULD BE THE HANDBAG FORUM have long been waiting for the presentation of the new Roma 3 bag.  Most of them missed it while trying to figure out this fiasco!

As for the 'social team', I keep telling you all, I swear, they're still hiding out in that bunker...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@GARDENSLA      ITA!!!! Cat Sad

Honored Contributor

Those who kept nagging  (thinly veiled suggestions)  about more moderation, night moderators, etc. must be dancing their Mary Janes off!  

As far as I know there was only 1 big Spam strike with yes - nasty words - but surely that could have been delt with differently.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Re: THE Q DID WHAT?

[ Edited ]

Even if I stick around (and I doubt it) The Weekend Preview is definitely a no go.....from scurring around findng about how to add photos to posts,it appears I have to download them to my computer in order to upload them, and then remove them from my computer.....I ain't doing all that, sorry guys, just way too time consuming.....

BTW where is all the interaction with QVC's SOCIAL MEDIA TEAM (MODERATORS).....busy hiding perhaps? Cat Mad....come out, come out wherever you are!!!!

Honored Contributor

The changes to the system are probably going to be ok now that we are figuring things out.   The look can be a little different depending on the device you are using, how new it is, what browser you are using, etc and some things just do not appear the same like the gray dots to the menu to edit are not there except when using Chrome it seems and you have to run the cursor in that same area to get a gray box to access menu with other browsers.  Some do not have bread crumbs appearing also.  Most of this stuff should have been explained from the beginning but most of us can handle it once we figure it out. 

What I don't like is them removing sub topics and why older insignificant posts were left but the more recent ones where discussions were going on were removed.  No one from the team has even made an attempt to address anything all day yesterday and today so far which is just saying they don't care about the forums and did this to discourage posters from using them.

While I often think many posters are way too negative and border on being bullies and nasty in their posts, it was interesting to find many had most if not all of their posts negative and posted just to cause a commotion.  This was their entertainment and they obviously needed the attention!  Even if the discussions became a little heated at times so what.  Now they say controversial topics may or may not be allowed which I guess really isn't anything new because that is how the forums were monitored before.