Trusted Contributor

I wish the models would be honest about their size of clothes.There is one model,who continues to wear the wrong size,therefore the clothes look terrible.Last evening she had on Expensive item an looked awful.She even kept pulling down the top,also the jeans looked bad.I know,we all want to be small! I know the right size would have made a big difference 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions for models

[ Edited ]

The models do not chose what they wear.  That is done by the QVC stylists.  IMO the stylists continue to put the models and hosts in clothing to small.

This has been suggested many times but falls on deaf ears.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

The models do not chose what they wear.  That is done by the QVC stylists.  IMO the stylists continue to put the models and hosts in clothing to small.

This has been suggested many times but falls on deaf ears.

@Imaoldhippie  Yes, I have read somewhere that the stylist will dress them and he thinks the clothes look better on them if they are tight. My opinion is that he is wrong.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ 

I agree, any QVC customers who may have a similar body shape to one of the models (regardless of what that body shape is), would assume that the model is in their legit size and if it looks awful on that model they wouldn't buy it!

I sure wouldn't!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

i would think that the models can only wear what QVC has for them to wear.  They do not have all sizes available.  Sometimes the model the clothing was ordered for is not the one working and they have to make do.

I have seen models wearing shoes that were way too big. You can only model the size that is available.  They do the best they can with what they have to work with.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, Jackie looked uncomfortable & almost embarrassed.  For the cost of the top - couldn't they have added another 4 - 6 inches of fabric?

It looked terrible.

Honored Contributor

The models are there to show you how it fits.  Jacqui always wears a size Large, there are shoppers who identify with her size.  I would hope they can see the top is not flattering.  It was short and a bit fitted in all the wrong places.  Every top is not for every body. 

So Jacqui, and the stylist for that matter, helped a lot of shoppers steer clear of that awful top. They are not going to change up sizes on Jacqui depending on how a particular garment fits her.  Expensive or not.  

That's how I shop.  If the model is in the size they are hired to wear, I can look at her and see how that garment looks on her body.  Jacqui is the size Large model, professionally.  

Honored Contributor

I buy the vast majority of my clothes locally so I can try everything on.  I think which way to dress the models could be a tough call- too tight is a definite no for me on my own body, but often the next size up is also not flattering.

It's still helpful for me to see the clothing on a body even if all it does is keep me from ordering something that is unlikely ever to please me.  

Trusted Contributor

I think it's a thing everywhere right now.  I was watching one of our local news shows and the young male reporter who was quite slim was wearing a suit that was about two sizes too small. The jacket was stretched across the front and most of it was open.  Only the button held the jacket closed. It looked like he had borrowed a younger brother's suit.  To me, one side of a well-fitted jacket is supposed to overlap the other side.  Otherwise leave it open.  I've seen a lot of QVC models in ill-fitting clothes.  If people think wearing clothes like that makes them look slimmer, they are sadly mistaken.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions for models

[ Edited ]

@bewise 

'continues to wear the wrong size'  in Your opinion.

Some ppl like to wear their clothes snug/tight/form fitting etc.

I'm not one of them, but I don't judge what size a Model, Host or Stylist think they look good in.

Maybe they are comfortable with their bodies and feel a certain size shows off their curves? 

Just because I do not wear my clothes like that, doesn't mean they have to.