Honored Contributor

Suggestion to hosts, postpone the stories and interactions with models

Either memorize or carry a card prompting yourself to cover most important points of each item you are selling.  It should be second nature to you guys who have been hosting for years, but obviously it isn't.  Briefly run through "fabrication," sizes, colors, etc.  On jewelry show the clasps, earring findings, length of chains and bracelets.  Then you can go into your hilarious anecdotes.  

Contributor

Re: Suggestion to hosts, postpone the stories and interactions with models

I agree. Too much time is spent on the vendors and some hosts chatting about their private lives. I want more information about the product, show sizes on models and give material details. Please try to change your vendors presentations and also some hosts from going on and on. I really like Carolyn Gracie, she is very profession and gives us all the details. Sadly some of your new hosts do not.

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy the story-telling!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@depglass 

How about if the hosts just eliminate the personal anecdotes. TMI, IMO!

Trusted Contributor

I couldn't care less about the hosts private lives and what they do.  They aren't my friends so they should lay off with the nonsense.  I wouldn't want the salesperson at Dillards to bore me with her trip to DisneyLand so why should I have to put up with this on QVC

Honored Contributor

Actually, their chatting among themselves is preferable to ...

• the litany of where and when you can wear the item,  

• how it can be dressed up or dressed down

• how you can elevate it

• that you can wear it to a black tie event, as a bathing suit cover, or even as pajamas!

• the kind of vibes you get from the clothes, shoes or handbag  (my shoes start vibing .... I'm going to call an exorcist!)

Valued Contributor

@ALRATIBA You are sooo right!! I dont need anyone giving me ideas where to wear my clothes or shoes! I think I can figure that out & I can figure out if I can dress things up or down! The stories & anecdotes dont bother me much until Jane Treacy starts yelling @ me about the "happiest place on earth" on fri-YAAAAY!!!! ugghhh.
Honored Contributor

@spursfan2 

I've never understand the adult fascination with Disney.  I once went to Disneyland in CA back in the 1970s.  Underwhelming!

---------------------------------------------

@spursfan2 wrote:
@ALRATIBAYou are sooo right!! I dont need anyone giving me ideas where to wear my clothes or shoes! I think I can figure that out & I can figure out if I can dress things up or down! The stories & anecdotes dont bother me much until Jane Treacy starts yelling @ me about the "happiest place on earth" on fri-YAAAAY!!!! ugghhh.

Super Contributor

I also would not want the sale clerks at DIillards or anywhere else flapping and pumping their arms up and down and around to show me how enthusiastic they are about a product. Way too phony for me to believe what is being said...... 

Valued Contributor

@ALRATIBA. I know!!!! I was @ Disneyland in 1978 for my 10th birthday & never had a desire to go back!! Standing in a 2 hour line to ride a 3 minute ride in the heat is not my idea of fun. Give me a lawn chair, a good book & a beach...now we're talkin!!!