Contributor

Re: Suggestion: give customer shipping option UPS vs. USPS Innovations

@mspatmac, tthank you for that information. I'm interested in that upgrade services. Does it work for your QVC packages now?  And you're satisfied?

Esteemed Contributor

@Mstress wrote:

@mspatmac, tthank you for that information. I'm interested in that upgrade services. Does it work for your QVC packages now?  And you're satisfied?

@Mstress I am very satisfied and yes it works for QVC packages.   It''s called UPS choice.  I have an app on my phone and you can get all the information on the UPS Usa web site.

Valued Contributor

I use UPS My Choice. They upgrade most packages if they weigh enough to UPS delivery. If it's very lightweight it still goes to the USPS to be delivered. It costs $40.00 a year. They do it for all companies. It's much easier for me. If I know I won't be home all day I can change the date of delivery too.

Respected Contributor

@Mstress wrote:

Rather than keep complaining re: slow shipping, if the problem really isn't on QVC end, then why not give customers option to have package 100% handled by UPS vs. forcing the USPS Innovations.  Many customers have more problem when QVC make the decision for us and QVC uses the cheapest method. 

Similar to how QVC gives option of Express and overnight, why not give customer the option of 100% UPS handling.

Seems reasonable to me.

They DO give the customer a choice.  When you check out look for the "Edit" choice right before you confirm your order and a menu comes down.  There are three choices.  First one is the cheap $3.50 one.  Second one is UPS ground for around ten twelve bucks, third one is practically overnight but kind of high.  They DO give a choice.  Another poster, bless her, posted this info!!!

Respected Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

@Mstress wrote:

Rather than keep complaining re: slow shipping, if the problem really isn't on QVC end, then why not give customers option to have package 100% handled by UPS vs. forcing the USPS Innovations.  Many customers have more problem when QVC make the decision for us and QVC uses the cheapest method. 

Similar to how QVC gives option of Express and overnight, why not give customer the option of 100% UPS handling.

Seems reasonable to me.

They DO give the customer a choice.  When you check out look for the "Edit" choice right before you confirm your order and a menu comes down.  There are three choices.  First one is the cheap $3.50 one.  Second one is UPS ground for around ten twelve bucks, third one is practically overnight but kind of high.  They DO give a choice.  Another poster, bless her, posted this info!!!

Thanks for this info as I never even paid attn. to the other shipping options before & just went with the first $3.50 option. Next time, though, think I'll go with the more expensive choice since my current orders are horribly slow!

Contributor

[ Edited ]

UPS delivery would be so much better for those of us living in gated communities with community mailboxes.  Our community mailboxes are never large enough to receive large items and one must go the P.O. to pick up deliveries.  Well, that surely defeats the purpose of shopping on-line in order to have packages delivered to your door.  I carefully look at the size of an item before ordering.  In fact, I stopped ordering shoes completely because the P.O. will not deliver the boxes to the community mailboxes.  Maybe it's a blessing indisguise (for me) as I buy fewer items from the Q.  If I want a particular item, they are fairly easy to find ofered by other on-line stores that deliver via ground (either UPS or FedEx).  I think it would be to QVC's advantage to have a shipping option.

Regular Contributor

I agree!  Everytime something is sent via USPS Innovations it adds an extra 3 or 4 days to the delivery time. Infuriating - the post office is two blocks away from me and it just sits there. Arrives one day, sits.  Processes the 2nd day, sits. MAYBE is on the truck for delivery on the 3rd day or it may sit for another "processing. Horrible.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@spursfan2 wrote:
I would LOVE to have that option! If it's an item i need to arrive before it goes out of style i wouldnt mind paying a few dollars more. if I'm not in a hurry I could go the cheaper route. But at least I would have the option.

To upgrade from mail innovations, go to UPS.com and set up an UPS Choice account (no charge to set it up).  Then set up tracking so you are notified (text or email) when a package is being sent to you.  You can then decide if you want to pay the $3 to upgrade to UPS delivery.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mstress wrote:

I was satisfied the couple of times I used the UPS upgrade.

To upgrade from mail innovations, go to UPS.com and set up a UPS Choice account (no charge to set it up).  Then set up preferences so you are notified (text or email) when a package is being sent to you.  You can then decide if you want to pay the $3 to upgrade to UPS delivery.

I would love it if QVC gave us a different option than USPS-I have watched tracking on my packages-the reason why they take 2 weeks to get to me is this. I live in VA. The package either leaves from VA or NC. Instead of going North from NC or to where I live in VA,  it goes to SC then GA then Florida then back up the coast. Then it sits in our larger Post office before it is sent on the transfer to my local post office. This is not efficent for anyone. Why do packages go south when they should go North. The post office is not efficent nor do they care. I have called them to check on packages that are sitting in the large post office but never made the transport for over 5 days-post office says they don't have anything in their system from QVC-What??? I have tracking right in front of me-then finally my package moves 2 days later. Returns are even worse they sit in my local post office for over a week before the shipping agent picks them up....then its another 3 weeks to get it returned. I'd rather pay alittle more for a different shipper than deal with the USPS.