Contributor

Suggestion: give customer shipping option UPS vs. USPS Innovations

Rather than keep complaining re: slow shipping, if the problem really isn't on QVC end, then why not give customers option to have package 100% handled by UPS vs. forcing the USPS Innovations.  Many customers have more problem when QVC make the decision for us and QVC uses the cheapest method. 

Similar to how QVC gives option of Express and overnight, why not give customer the option of 100% UPS handling.

Seems reasonable to me.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestion: give customer shipping option UPS vs. USPS Innovations

I don't think that would solve the problem or the issue.  I think it will take some time before things get back to business as usual.

Honored Contributor

I, and many others, would not be willing to pay the premium price.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I think the shipping problem is QVC not the shippers.  QVC can't give tracking information for returns that use the labels they supply; can't process the returns; and have trouble crediting returns before more payments are deducted. 

Things sit "in process" for six weeks or more and people can't cancel.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

I think the shipping problem is QVC not the shippers.  QVC can't give tracking information for returns that use the labels they supply; can't process the returns; and have trouble crediting returns before more payments are deducted. 

Things sit "in process" for six weeks or more and people can't cancel.  

You are correct. I worked in a post office for 4 years.  Q ships most items by parcel post.  Return labels are also parcel post.  

Parcel Post is always the very last that is processed because it's the lowest priority of all mail.  

Many companies, including Q, rely on 3rd parties to move parcel post mail from location to location.  

UPS or Mail Innovations also act as a third party for some of this mail which is why there is the drop from UPS to USPS. Those 3rd parties wait until it's cost effective to do pick up and move mail to the next location.  

All of this makes for slow shipping and slow returns and little-to-no tracking.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for that explanation.  I think it was very helpful for us to understand.  It doesn't help the situation but understanding sure puts a light on things.

Esteemed Contributor

I understand what happens at the post office when companies like QVC send out packages.  Unfortunately, I live in an area  where my little post office (in the deli) does not deliver mail.  We are dependent on a larger one and there are numerous complaints in our area for lack of service.  I would pay extra to know that I would get my items in a fairly timely manner.  We do not even know what type of vehicle will be delivering our mail on a day-to-day basis because we no longer have a regular mail truck.  That might not seem like a big issue, but does anyone want an unfamiliar vehicle pulling up in front of their house and a stranger walking to their door?  I will gladly pay extra for the UPS driver to delivery anything and everything to my home.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

In my experience any time something is sent through the Mail Innovations delivery is very slow.  Even going way back there have been complaints on these boards about Mail Innovations.  Whenever I see my order was sent via this method, I know it's going to take a while to receive it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Mstress wrote:

Rather than keep complaining re: slow shipping, if the problem really isn't on QVC end, then why not give customers option to have package 100% handled by UPS vs. forcing the USPS Innovations.  Many customers have more problem when QVC make the decision for us and QVC uses the cheapest method. 

Similar to how QVC gives option of Express and overnight, why not give customer the option of 100% UPS handling.

Seems reasonable to me.

@Mstress UPS has a service that automatically upgrades all packages sent via USPS Innovations to UPS delivery.  There is a yearly fee and to me it is worth it. It works for any package from any retailer and since I order a lot on line it has saved me much aggravation. 

Valued Contributor

I would LOVE to have that option! If it's an item i need to arrive before it goes out of style i wouldnt mind paying a few dollars more. if I'm not in a hurry I could go the cheaper route. But at least I would have the option.