Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestion for person in charge of models

The models are too far from the camera to get a decent look at the garments they are modeling. Zoom in. LET US SEE WHAT WE ARE BUYING. 

Valued Contributor

I have been watching how fast the models turn around from showing the back side. I decided this is the unflattering side and if we could really see the model in her too tight outfit, the backside would really show us what not to buy. I also notice that when they are showing the waist band the model barely lifts her top so you are not really seeing how it fits or what it looks like. They are often putting the model in the tight shirt but with another jacket or sweater on top. So you don't see how the bustline puckers or the back grabs, as the one designer always says. I've purchased some of these pants and they fit me awful and look awful from the rear. Its camoflage at times with how cheap the fabric looks. The models are not moving much so they switch from foot to foot or stand at the more flattering side. 

Esteemed Contributor

Models squeezed into the smallest size possible is eye pollution to me.  It is very unattractive.

Honored Contributor

Maybe the "hot foot" technique is the latest trend in modeling.  It does remind me of someone who has a serious problem with being still.  Hyperactive? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Maybe the "hot foot" technique is the latest trend in modeling.  It does remind me of someone who has a serious problem with being still.  Hyperactive? 

"hot foot" technique.  Made me giggle, hahaha.  It sure is true.  My guess is that the fancy footwork equals energetic, equals youthful, equals "Buy this, average QVC middle age to older QVC customer, all the cool kids are wearing it and you can be youthful, too".  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

shaggygirl Oh no!!!  LOL!  You made me laugh while sipping my tea....Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I agree with all of the above. I would also like to add that the timing of showing the models could stand some improvement. I want to see how the item looks on a person before ordering. They sometimes wait until the presentation is ending before they show a brief glimpse of the models and quickly move on.  They should have them out there at the beginning of the presentation, not the last three seconds. 

Esteemed Contributor

@D Kay wrote:

I think they did a lot of those prefilmed shots when they were not yet allowing live models on air.   They don't look like professional models,  just trying on and showing garment after garment.

They are professional models and I have seen them all on air.

Esteemed Contributor

The new trend I have noticed in QVC fashion photography models sitting down with tops, or having the hand or hair covering the necklines!  The models need to stand up so we can see where the various features of the top fall on the body - length, armholes, seaming, sleeves, necklines... 

Esteemed Contributor

@Growing wrote:

I have been watching how fast the models turn around from showing the back side. I decided this is the unflattering side and if we could really see the model in her too tight outfit, the backside would really show us what not to buy. I also notice that when they are showing the waist band the model barely lifts her top so you are not really seeing how it fits or what it looks like. They are often putting the model in the tight shirt but with another jacket or sweater on top. So you don't see how the bustline puckers or the back grabs, as the one designer always says. I've purchased some of these pants and they fit me awful and look awful from the rear. Its camoflage at times with how cheap the fabric looks. The models are not moving much so they switch from foot to foot or stand at the more flattering side. 

I have been complaining about this, we need to see the back of the garment on a moving model, how does it fit.