Honored Contributor

Suggestion for person in charge of models

The models that are recorded on the set where they come out of another room.  It must be a newer concept but would you please consider having them not dance from one foot to the other, and not spinning around so fast or often?  For me it would help a whole lot in seeing what they are presenting.

When they switch from one foot to the other the whole time it looks like they didnt make the trip to the ladies room.

Now the on air models are starting the same thing.

Thanks for your consideration.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Suggestion for person in charge of models

I too was wondering what the foot thing was....always switching from one to another. I've never seen any other models, model that way.

Esteemed Contributor

That's funny and so true.   Also many of the "prefilmed" models are ones we never see on air?!

Esteemed Contributor

They're probably trying to escape the pain from the wedgie caused by having been squeezed into pants 2 sizes too small. 

Esteemed Contributor

For my viewing and inspection of clothes online, I'd love to see a still of a model who shows the entire waist - not that darn half tuck with the model's body contorted . The still photos on QVC are  not helpful . The stock photo is no help to me.

The models they show as you describe coming out of another room whom are not the usual group we see on air , well they look like they pulled some local high school girls or  employees  children.  Their hair covers half the tops or their weird foot shifting . I think they are trying to show how a garment looks with movement . I'd rather they stand up straight, hair pulled up , with a camisole top on so we can see how high the  waist is on pants.

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

That's funny and so true.   Also many of the "prefilmed" models are ones we never see on air?!

I've noticed that too. 

There was one model in particular that has long hair and was modeling in a prefilmed video a top with hood.  When she turned her hair completely covered the hood. 

Most of the on air models know to move their hair so one can see the back of the item.  This one didn't which I found frustrating since I wanted to see what the hood looked like on.

You would think that the person behind the camera would say something?

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

The models that are recorded on the set where they come out of another room.  It must be a newer concept but would you please consider having them not dance from one foot to the other, and not spinning around so fast or often?  For me it would help a whole lot in seeing what they are presenting.

When they switch from one foot to the other the whole time it looks like they didnt make the trip to the ladies room.

Now the on air models are starting the same thing.

Thanks for your consideration.

@Imaoldhippie   I've often wondered about that.   I understand moving to show different angles and the back of the garment.  But they have some of those video models moving so much you cannot even make out what you are trying to see  to make a purchase decision.   The models don't move around like that in the live on-air shows.  

I think it's ridiculous.

Valued Contributor

I think they did a lot of those prefilmed shots when they were not yet allowing live models on air.   They don't look like professional models,  just trying on and showing garment after garment.

Respected Contributor

And they also wear the black or the darkest color making it impossible to see any of the details of the garment they are showing.

Respected Contributor

@KathyM23   I agree with your comment models always seem to be wearing the darkest of colours in these videos no help at all impossible to see any details.