Super Contributor

Suggestion for Kathleen Kirkwood

[ Edited ]

There are some posts on these boards today from customers who are interested in using shoulder pads, the smaller ones and not the big linebacker ones.

That includes me.  Many years ago I found a camisole in a store that was shaped like a tank top, very plain with a deep scoop neck (to accommodate various necklines) with wide straps, and smaller built-in shoulder pads.  I liked it so much I bought three of them and I still use them today under blouses.  They are very well worn and I would like to replace them, but I won't give them up.

Kathleen Kirkwood:  Is this something you would consider producing?  I am sure a lot of customers would be interested.  Many thanks.

Edited to add:  Not in a stretchy, stick-to-your-shape material, just a nice nylon material (like a slip).

Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestion for Kathleen Kirkwood

I have been looking for small shoulder pads since I literally wore out the last pair of hers that I bought years ago. They make such a big difference in how my clothes fit! I tried her camisole with lace top and shoulder pads but it was far too hot to wear in our not climate. If she makes anything like she made in the past, I will be first in line to buy it!
Super Contributor

lovestorecess:   I totally take your point about various climates and suitable clothing.  Fortunately I live in the Bay Area where it doesn't often get super hot.  I realize that this type of camisole might be uncomfortable in some climates, but hopefully it might work for you in, say, two seasons.  Sadly, I am never very good at manipulating "loose" shoulder pads into a blouse, which is why I find my camisoles to be so useful.

Anyway, I hope you find something that works for you.

Respected Contributor

I agree...I wear a soft pair often...has velcro. Makes clothes look better.

Frequent Contributor

I would buy them up in a minute.   Mine are worn through.   Need new ones.  I hope she reads these posts

Honored Contributor

Kathleen Kirkwood isn'tthe only source of shoulder pads.  They are available at Amazon and in most fabric shops.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Kathleen Kirkwood isn'tthe only source of shoulder pads.  They are available at Amazon and in most fabric shops.

I have some some of het  shoulder pads that I bought probably 20 years ago. They are in my closet....never used them 😄
Esteemed Contributor

I tried 2 sets from Amazon.  They are no substitute for KK's.  

Valued Contributor

@grandma r 

I just received my second set from Amazon that won't work. They are just too large, meaning long. Have you found any that you like?

Esteemed Contributor

@Marybella  unfortunately, no.  Kathleen's were the best.  I wish she would do a new set