Valued Contributor

Re: Suggestion - Renae from Women with Control

She's on my list of immediate turn-the-channel vendors/hosts.  When she had the Citi-Knits line, which I loved and bought, she was not like this at all.  I blame the producers of these shows for letting behaviour get obnoxious.  I won't buy from offensive  or demeaning vendors. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jannabelle1 wrote:

Considering some of the other things that are shown on TV these days, I think Renae is pretty tame! I think some of the hosts and models do as much "shaking and showing" if not more. To some of us, this isn't suggestive. Just don't watch Renae if you don't like her. I admire any woman who has built her own business and found a niche for it and has become successful, and good for the Q for carrying her line. It doesn't mean I have to watch her programs - I have a choice.

@jannabelle1

She had a very nice story regarding how her business got started....she was always very classy, I dont know what happened to make her change....but perhaps she would be more successful if she wasnt so focused on rear ends and wigglin and jigglin........Of course all that polyester and spandex in her clothing will hold your tummy or rear end in....not rocket science....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@bootsanne wrote:

She's on my list of immediate turn-the-channel vendors/hosts.  When she had the Citi-Knits line, which I loved and bought, she was not like this at all.  I blame the producers of these shows for letting behaviour get obnoxious.  I won't buy from offensive  or demeaning vendors. 

@bootsanne

I think Miranda was the vendor for the Citi-Knits line....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@simplyfriends wrote:

@HLP -  I very rarely come onto this forum but occasionally I do and give my opinion or make a comment. You state “you can’t imagine someone getting upset over a vendor”.  I’m not upset - just making a suggestion.  By the way - look at one of YOUR previous posts stating ‘you are sick of the My Pillow  vendor.”

@simplyfriends

two-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

I thought there was cooking and clothes washing to do... And with all those things and others going on in life why should she worry about what people are saying on a Forum??????

Contributor

I agree completely.   I do wear Renaes pants and capris but I do not watch her shows . She's completely overboard with the butt thing.  She's done it for years, we all know what they do for our curves. If it takes all that to sell her line of clothes, maybe she needs to rethink her advertisement!!!! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SunValley wrote:

The reason the models’ rears don’t move is because their behinds are compressed into a spandex casing that’s two sizes too small. Jello wouldn’t move in those conditions. Strong sales numbers will trump a tasteless sales pitch every day. I also know that the butt shaking dancing demos are just hunky dory with lots of people, thus it continues. 

@SunValley Exactly. The models are all wearing pants too small.  I went by the specs given for the garments and ordered what I was suppose to. The pants did not squeeze my butt up or in at all. They were just pants.  If I had ordered two sizes smaller, then they would have been too tight and looked like  how they appear on Renee and the models.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@bootsanne wrote:

@bootsanne

I think Miranda was the vendor for the Citi-Knits line....

it was renee that originally had the citiknits line.

she has been with qvc for a very long time now. she is also on qvc italy, qvc uk.

she must be doing something right......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Isn't Renee selling a product that is touted to keep your jiggle from jiggling?  It's sort of like asking models to wear shorts and tees when modeling swimsuits.  

I am not a fan of Renee or her products. But you have to admit it'd be rather disingenuous to sell a product that is supposed to keep your jiggle in one place without proving it.

Honored Contributor

viewers have complained about the wiggle/jiggle dance when she is on for years....it isn't going away as long as her line is selling....I just don't watch it
Valued Contributor

I have two words for her   ....ACT PROFFESIONAL!