Occasional Visitor

Suggest Bringing a New Brand to QVC

Suggest bringing ‘Johnny Was’ to QVC. Clothing designed for QVC with lower prices than their retail items…not compromised in style and quality though. However, bring some of their retail items also.
Honored Contributor

Re: Suggest Bringing a New Brand to QVC

@grtckn wrote:
Suggest bringing ‘Johnny Was’ to QVC. Clothing designed for QVC with lower prices than their retail items…not compromised in style and quality though. However, bring some of their retail items also.

Why bring that line when you can purchase it elsewhere.  

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@grtckn wrote:

Why bring that line when you can purchase it elsewhere.  

@rms1954  For the same reason they bring any brand that can be purchased somewhere else.  What does that matter?

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

The only problem is this million dollar question, is the people behind Johnny Was willing to compromise their name and quality to produce a lower more affordable product for the Q.

Surely the Q doesn't compete with let's say a Neiman Marcus so this brand needs to separate itself from it's core line and come up with a new line for the Q.

Some people do not want to work with a lower margin to put all that work in a line that may or may not achieve success.

Don't forget you have "core" lines and I'm sure these lines have similar "no compete" in their contracts so they don't get passed over.

Just thinking out loud, I do not know but no idea/suggestion is bad and thought provoking.

Super Contributor

Just Googled this brand and visited their website. 

Some of the patterns on their Tees sure do look like those on Tees at Noracora!

Also, there is a pattern that looks like blue clouds. Just purchase a Tee Shirt dress from GAP with that same print!

Not sure the origin of the Johnny Was clothing brand, but if anyway affiliated with Noracora...not a great purchase experience!!!

Honored Contributor

@grtckn    The already pretty much do that with the Denim & Co. line.  I don't know why they'd want to expand it.  Their prices are in line with or slightly below department store and other online retailer's prices. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I would be shocked if Johnny Was would compromise their quality and bring a lower priced/quality line to QVC.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Frequent Contributor

I'm bored with Isaac M and dislike LOGO. which is terribly overpriced and most look like something one would wear to a Halloween party.  I'm also tired of so many tunics and joggers.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Cherylou wrote:

I'm bored with Isaac M and dislike LOGO. which is terribly overpriced and most look like something one would wear to a Halloween party.  I'm also tired of so many tunics and joggers.  

@Cherylou,  and all the loyal LOGO buyers here at Q thank you for your Halloween party opinion.  How heartwarming.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Quite a few shoppers who buy designer clothing don't want to see someone walking down the street wearing low priced, lower quality, clothing sporting the same label. 

That's one of the reasons why the best designers wouldn't think of a lower priced line at Target or QVC.  

Some of these designers do offer lower priced lines, still selling for $100's, though, that are not sold by low priced retailers.  Georgio Armani is a good example with his Emporio Armani line, but one of his summer blazers sell for $500+.    

These designers pride themselves on quality and wouldn't compromise their reputations.  

In order to sell on QVC, designers like Johnny Was and others would have to agree to lower prices, therefore, lower quality.  From hundreds down to $50 or $60 like Jason Wu.