Contributor

Stop the pajamas, stupid hats, dumb elf costumes and ridiculous behavior of hosts! PLEASE!

I don't know who the audience is that you are catering to but it's not me.   I'm sick of seeing hosts  in pajamas and ridiculous hats  and glasses.  I'm sick of the silly adolescent, childish , cutesy, behaviors when the hosts are working together.  PLEASE BRING THE PROFESSIONALISM BACK! 

Respected Contributor

Re: Stop the pajamas, stupid hats, dumb elf costumes and ridiculous behavior of hosts! PLEASE!

Never gonna stop. Obviously the Q execs feel it boosts sales or it would not continue. It doesn't bother me as I only tune in specifically for Isaac. Other than that I only pass by Q for a few moments. I have not been a regular viewer for years. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Stop the pajamas, stupid hats, dumb elf costumes and ridiculous behavior of hosts! PLEASE!

@Qvcjane 

I find the HSN hosts more professional and appealing.  

That's why I purchased 8 items there and 0 on the Q.  

Super Contributor

I just turn the channel when I see this activity. Silly outfits and pajamas are not making me buy anything. I am so over this lounge fashion. 

Respected Contributor

I could not agree with you more @Qvcjane.  I'd like to know, to what audience is QVC catering. It certainly isn't me. And if anyone say I could change the channel, I do. 

Honored Contributor

Just as there are people who don't like all the festivities....there must be more people who do enjoy them.

In fact, based on how often they have people dressing up and being silly, I suspect there are many more people who tune in to see some of that same silliness, etc.

How'd any of us surmise that?  Well, QVC is all about the bottom line (money-wise) and they'd stop it in a minute if they thought it was negatively affecting sales.

I just don't pay a lot of attention to it.

I've found as I've gotten old (75 in a few days) things like that don't bother me anymore.

I've come to realize there are all kinds of people in this world.  We must recognize that there are some that it helps get them into the Christmas spirit.

I do think though that they should recognize Hanukkah more than they do.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh My.

I do not make my purchases because of what the hosts are doing or wearing. If it's an item that I want and  the hosts or their actions are not to my liking, I log on to my computer and make my purchase without having to view. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

There are hosts that don't participate in what you describe.  Those are the ones I watch.  When I do watch, that is.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I look at it this way. You have to do time (job) someplace, might as well make it fun. If you don't want to participate then don't. I'm sure management isn't holding a gun to their heads saying they must wear pajamas. I'd rather they wear leisure wear than clothes with bits and pieces hanging out. I don't care what they wear. A ball gown, pajamas, sweats, a three piece suit or a ski hat, I don't care.  If  they have a product I want (which is rare) for the right price then I'll buy it. 

Honored Contributor

There's only one host, only one, who I have not seen on air selling while wearing pajamas or loungewear -- Dan Hughes.  He did sell a pair of Stan Herman pajamas with Pat this morning, but Stan doesn't make a men's version, yet.  That's as close as it's come for Dan.  

The hosts are doing what they are told to do.  Most of it doesn't bother me.  But when it's too much, I shop solely online. or via the app (which is my preferred shopping method 75% of the time anyway).