Respected Contributor

Please consider having the models come out in something besides black all the time.  I can appreciate that it makes one look smaller but for us at home shopping, it is hard to see details on our television.  Pass this on to the hosts also!

Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols wrote:

Please consider having the models come out in something besides black all the time.  I can appreciate that it makes one look smaller but for us at home shopping, it is hard to see details on our television.  Pass this on to the hosts also!

I have no idea why you would post this because I watch QVC fashion shows ALL the time and have never seen a show where the all the models are dressed in black; besides, what details could you possibly see at the distance the camera uses.  You can also always see the details when the host shows them and the camera comes in close.  They show ALL the colors.  Then, if you have an issue with details, check out the item online on your computer and you can zoom in on the item. 

Honored Contributor

I've found that the hosts are very conscious about not showing black as an example.  It's always at the back of the rack if it's a color choice.  The only time I see models wearing it is if they're wearing something else which is the featured item.   I'd say this is a non-issue. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I like seeing black on models but I like seeing the close ups in other colors.

Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols Are you sure you're watching Q? I've never seen what you describe. Ever.

Esteemed Contributor

Several of the hosts wear a lot of black.  Since we see so little of the models, the black wearing seems more predominant.  I like to wear black myself, but for a person looking to shop on TV, we can't see the details and style of the garments.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe  So ittle of the models? I see lots of the models. I don't get what you are saying.

Respected Contributor

On the preview videos of one model showing one color, it is usually black no matter how many other colors would be better to for purposes of the preview and that is definitely a pet peeve of mine. Is that what you are referring to @Boomernichols?  And yes, she is wearing black almost in every one of those videos and you cannot see any of the details.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Stop the Black

[ Edited ]

Yes, agree , say for example  slacks that come in many colors or prints. Sometimes it helps to see a model wearing a  color other than the black slacks  so that I can envision for example  slacks look like on in various colors or prints.  There are times that the models do wear  many different colors  or prints, however it appears the Hosts gravitate to  black most of the time . Over all, it appears that a great many people have  made black garments the mainstay in their wardrobe . I agree that when showing garment details , the Hosts  do not use the black garments but rather a liter color .