Honored Contributor

Re: Stop putting hoods on everything.

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

IMO, hoods are for outer wear to protect against wind, rain or snow.  When I see hoods on regular garments, I always wonder what percentage of QVC's customer base have a leakey roof?

I won't buy anything with a hood.

Hoods pull back the top of a sweater or sweatshirt .... and can produce a choking effect at the throat.  Of course then they constantly need to be adjusted.  Who needs THAT aggravation?

Not to mention that even when hoods are needed (raincoats, snow/cold weather coats), the mfg rarely gets it right - the hoods are either too big and cover your face too, or too shallow/short and it’s like your head/neck is in a brace and you don’t have range of motion. It’s rare that I find a hooded coat that protects and fits, hood-wise. When I get a coat/jacket with a hood, I usually unzip or unbutton it and wear a hat. But I don’t live where it gets freezing cold or snows.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I'm a Hoodie!  I'll buy just about anything new (price and finances permitting) with a hood.  A good option would be to have removable hoods on many items.  Maybe  hoods with a soft velcro, buttons, or zipper.  That way, more non-hoodie customers would be happy, too.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
New Contributor

I guess I'm weird! I like the hoods! They help hide my poor posture! 

Esteemed Contributor

Fine on wind or weather clothes. I had a hood on Stan Herman's terry cloth robe. Got so sick of it, I just cut it right off! They're an uncomfortable nuisance.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Fionna wrote:

I am so tired of seeing something I would like to buy only to find out it has a hood. Stop putting them on everything.

I hate hoods on clothing, except maybe something I would wear in a snow storm!! Living in the Southwest, not likely to snow much.   I think it makes people/me look like a turtle.... 

And while I am at it, PLEASE stop making every top a tunic!!  I don't like nor need a top that comes to my mid thigh.  I don't want a cropped top either, but what happened to tops that end at upper hip level??

And why are so many tops so big and flowly with volumes of fabric??  I undestand the concept of loose longewear, but few people look good in a huge, flowy tent-like top! 

Valued Contributor

I avoid hoods on anything but outerwear.  Even then out of necessity.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, yes, yes! I totally agree that those darned hoods are a royal pain. There are so many tops that I would have ordered if they had no hoods. Those hoods get in the way. If I need to protect my head, I’ll wear a hat. Hoods can be downright dangerous since they kill peripheral vision. Please, QVC, take those hoods away.

Honored Contributor

I purchased today's Big Deal -- Denim & Co. jacket, expressly because it does not have a hood!  Great price, and [I hate to say it] I can dress it up or dress it down (that left a bad taste in my mouth -Smiley Very Happy).  I purchased it in burgundy and can wear it to the office!

Esteemed Contributor

@corita wrote:

@Fionna wrote:

I am so tired of seeing something I would like to buy only to find out it has a hood. Stop putting them on everything.

I hate hoods on clothing, except maybe something I would wear in a snow storm!! Living in the Southwest, not likely to snow much.   I think it makes people/me look like a turtle.... 

And while I am at it, PLEASE stop making every top a tunic!!  I don't like nor need a top that comes to my mid thigh.  I don't want a cropped top either, but what happened to tops that end at upper hip level??

And why are so many tops so big and flowly with volumes of fabric??  I undestand the concept of loose longewear, but few people look good in a huge, flowy tent-like top! 

@corita, Susan Graver showed a tunic blouse today, and said that if you're petite you can wear it as a dress!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@corita wrote:

@Fionna wrote:

@corita, Susan Graver showed a tunic blouse today, and said that if you're petite you can wear it as a dress!!!

----------------

Some "tunics" really are too long...just not my style! Smiley Happy