Super Contributor

Stop petting the clothes, stop stroking the clothes, STOP

Yes, a little tactile nuance is fine, but this obsessive stroking clasping crunching of these supremely ordinary items is just plain insulting. Go cut your teeth some where else please with these ridiculous marketing stategies. There is no amount of touching that is going to make a plain old tee shirt desirable. or anything else for that matter. And anything else is a very large category..

Super Contributor

Re: Stop petting the clothes, stop stroking the clothes, STOP

It is so STUPID to keep caressing cloth items! Can't 'they' think of any other option i.e.just stand there and sell for one!
Super Contributor

My favorite is when they put one hand on top and the other under the item and start clapping...whaaaaaaat? Have you ever pulled a top out of your closet and started clapping on it? I think one QVCer is famous for this.

Honored Contributor

I think it's perfectly natural when talking about an item, to touch it and if you're describing it's texture, to rub or stroke it.  What else would they do with their hands?  Tell Cameron Silver with Halston to not stroke the merchandise and he'd probably have a melt-down.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think it's perfectly natural when talking about an item, to touch it and if you're describing it's texture, to rub or stroke it.  What else would they do with their hands?  Tell Cameron Silver with Halston to not stroke the merchandise and he'd probably have a melt-down.

LOL Halarious, he does do that constantly.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 

The "feel" of fabrics is important to me.   I want to be sure it isn't 'itchy".

Honored Contributor

I see nothing wrong with it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
  1. Agree...it's overdone. I get the attempt to give you a tactile impression of softness or silkiness, but they overdo it. Here's a thought, how about just use the english language (something beyond "amazing!" or "I'm Obsessed!!") to describe it, (Jill Bauer is the best at that.)  For me, especially, it's so weird when they constantly pet and stroke the bedding items throughout the entire presentation...ie. Amy from Home Reflections, and Sharon Hanby Robie. (sp?)  I know they are just doing what they've been trained to do, but it's just weird and distracting to watch.
Honored Contributor

Good grief!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

"Unkind" to hosts and vendors.