Valued Contributor

Re: Stop handing over ups deliveries to USPS! It takea 2 extra days. U listening QVC? STUPID!

When an item is delivered to me by UPS I am assured that they take it to my house and leave it on my front porch which is way out in the country, not in town.  I have missed many items that were sent USPS which means they put it in the mail box out on the country road.  Which, sometimes someone drives by and steals all the stuff from mailboxes.  So.....I too want you to stop handing it off to USPS.

Honored Contributor

Re: Stop handing over ups deliveries to USPS! It takea 2 extra days. U listening QVC? STUPID!

@Snowpuppy wrote:

My UPS guy said it's no longer profitable for them to take small packages from large volume customers, so off to USPS they go.

I'm done ordering if it ships USPS. I have to wait till Saturday, drive to the post office, stand in line with my little colored slip and wait. 

Not worth it for this girl any more.

Why doesn't your USPS carrier just leave your packages?  Mine does.  When I do get a pink slip because the carrier is too lazy to walk to the door and the pkg is insured, I just sign it, leave it in the box and it's delivered the next day.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

This is a new option for mass shippers that saves them some money.  Everyone is doing it and I doubt it's going away.

Then the mass shippers should lower their s/h prices for the customers.

@AKgirl2  QVC depends heavily from profit from shipping fees to show a profit on the bottom line.  You think they're going to mess with that?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I prefer receiving mine through the post office.  The mail person puts the package on my porch and it doen't take any extra shipping time.  I get my packages 3-4 days after they leave QVC.  The post office delivers on Saturday and UPS does not.  Also the packages from the post office are clean.  When they come from UPS the bags have black tracks all over them like they have been run over by a truck and they are dirty and not reusable for returns.  It is probably a conveyor belt, but it looks like truck tracks.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

This is a new option for mass shippers that saves them some money.  Everyone is doing it and I doubt it's going away.

Then the mass shippers should lower their s/h prices for the customers.

@AKgirl2  QVC depends heavily from profit from shipping fees to show a profit on the bottom line.  You think they're going to mess with that?

Certainly not in the near future, but strength comes in numbers, and I'm sure they know people are not happy about s/h prices, especially return shipping costs.

Most of my friends shop elsewhere, and shop sales, receive promo coupons,  get free s/h "to & from"... We're paying for the convenience and luxury of shopping from home.  Thing that makes me angry is that QVC charges the highest shipping fees to Alaska..sometimes postage costs 1/3 (or more) of the price of the item(s)...Hawaii doesn't get a break either.

It would be nice to get one once in a while...

Trusted Contributor

I wouldn't mind UPS handing off to USPS if my postman weren't psychotic. Unfortunately, he frequently puts my packages in the wrong box. Or, if he does find the right box, he jams those plastic QVC bags into my tiny mailbox so tightly that I almost can't get them out and then everything inside is wrinkled beyond belief. Sometimes my psycho postman puts my packages in a mailbox for an unoccupied unit in my building (we have a few) and then I have to wait until my day off to stalk the man and make him check every box. Last time that happened he found not only my missing packages but also the missing Valentine's Day cards from my parents from two years ago.

Also, all classes of service are not equal. For some reason, SurePost (whatever that is) takes at least two extra days.

UPS always delivers to my doorstep in good condition. I still get quite a few things from QVC via UPS rather than USPS. There doesn't really seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

Honored Contributor

Personally, I'll pay whatever they want for shipping.    Can't get much of anything but a bag of groceries in my trunk..........   Bought the patio mat special last week......and it was at my front door in 3 days (!!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

I use to prefer UPS till a new person took the route...he doesn't ring the doorbell so I never know if i have a delivery unless I come to QVC and look up my order status ...or keep going back and forth to the front door...which is a difficult chore....I do not use my front door once I have gotten my mail....usually around 1 or 2 in the afternoon...

UPS can deliver as late as 7 pm...

UPS person delivers to anywhere .....sometimes to my address..many times its two or three doors away...or even as far as the next block....he is just a careless...useless employee....

My postal person is very pleasant ....always freindly...mail is here where it belongs...and my packages are in the mailbox...near the mailbox or inside the front door...but always at the right adddress....

Contributor

Not every system works perfectly for everyone, and remember that all are staffed with imperfect humans.  No one has control over the thieves - from your box or your doorstep. 

However, USPS has the ability to reach every address in this country.  UPS just does not have that infrastructure - routes, trucks, processing facilities, people, ability etc.,  to do so. 

These types of transportation handoff arrangements are frequent on the front and back ends (USPS does not have its own air fleet), have been happening for years, and are not unique to the Q. 

Valued Contributor

When you order regular delivery most will do the hand over. I mostly used Super express or express delivery.I also have UPS choice.They notify you when your package has shipped and a 4 hour delivery time. This works for me.