Highlighted
New Contributor

Stop Buying Merchandise from China

Due to China’s human rights abuses and the use of slave labor, I will no longer be buying anything from China. I am a long time customer and am very surprised QVC does this. You promote all kinds of causes black businesses, breast cancer awareness etc. The human rights abuses include organ harvesting, slave labor etc. If one of your items says imported without saying the exact country, I will not buy it. This is the moral thing to do. The cruelty has to stop!
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Stop Buying Merchandise from China

@PMOC You do realize that most electronics, including whatever device you are posting from, are made in China, don't you?

If you are a long time customer then you've bought a LOT of stuff not made in the USA.

QVC isn't going to change its buying policies.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@lovemygrands wrote:

@PMOC You do realize that most electronics, including whatever device you are posting from, are made in China, don't you?

If you are a long time customer then you've bought a LOT of stuff not made in the USA.

I know that's your "go-to" argument but That doesn't mean you shouldn't buy American where you can. They aren't mutually exclusive and doesn't mean we shouldn't even try. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@PMOC 

Snail mail your concerns to Qurate Retail Group c/o

John C. Malone, Chairman

Greg Maffei, President & CEO

Mike George, CEO

Message board would be the last place to post.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

@lovemygrands wrote:

I know that's your "go-to" argument but That doesn't mean you shouldn't buy American where you can. They aren't mutually exclusive and doesn't mean we shouldn't even try. 

@GenXmuse  Sounded to me like the op was talking about products from QVC. For American products she needs to look elsewhere.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@PMOC 

The US of A is not exactly without sin in the human rights violations arena either.  You buy the merchandise you wish, and others will do the same.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Buying only American made is a great sentiment, but the reality is that the US gave away our industries and product production to China and other countries, in lieu of cheaper product prices and labor, a long time ago.

There are not many 'made in the USA' products available in any category.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

QVC is beginning to use other countries, several items I received were from India.  The other day, I saw posted a shirt was made in Cambodia and Mexico.  

It's been reported American fashion executives are leaving China for other countries.  They actually prefer the United States because laws are closely watched and they get their orders faster, but they would be higher priced.

So, it's happening, we just don't hear about it.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee wrote:

QVC is beginning to use other countries, several items I received were from India.  The other day, I saw posted a shirt was made in Cambodia and Mexico.  

It's been reported American fashion executives are leaving China for other countries.  They actually prefer the United States because laws are closely watched and they get their orders faster, but they would be higher priced.

So, it's happening, we just don't hear about it.  

@Foxxee  You can google and see some places to buy clothes made in America. I hope the fabrics are also.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PMOC   The US exports billions of dollars to China, making a living for thousands of American businesses here, big and small.  It's called international trade.  So instead of unilaterally calling out QVC, start at the top if you really want an end to China's imports -- exports have to go right along with them. 

Best thing to do is to make your own buying choices from all of the many US retail places.  You'll pay 10x more for your items like electronics [if you can find any], but it'll be what you want.