Trusted Contributor

Re: Still The Holiday, Right?

Here in Florida the big box stores are displaying all their outdoor furniture, umbrellas, garden decor and beach stuff.  All Christmas decor was removed nearly a week before Christmas except for a few picked over items. Daughter has begun searching for replacement patio cushions because, by late Feb, everything is pretty much sold out.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't decorate for Christmas. Other than going to Christmas Mass, it's my least favorite holiday. My kids have their own homes and families so it's my choice now. 

Today is Jan 1st and I''m relieved. I'd love to skip December altogether. Long story.

Respected Contributor

The Christmas season usually goes through until the Epiphany (January 6th) is concluded. 

People often are near dead getting their decorations up by Thanksgiving, and then they're tired of them way too early.

I take it all in a normal stride: I don't want to wish away the whole year so quickly!

Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@fatcat4221 

All the decor is down in the stores but even before Christmas the ❤️ Day things were out!

Yesterday, funny thing lady in front of me in checkout had several sealed boxes of Russell Stovers boxed chocolates.  The cashier told her they'd have to be done individually she piled them up on conveyor.  Then cashier told her total -- lady starts arguing they are 1/2 price or 75% off by signage.

After a few minutes, manager came over (Customer was not pleasant🤬🤬")...

They were Valentine Wrapped Boxes @ $9.99/each.  Of course, customer demanded they were in the 50% aisle - 

Where 🎄🎅🏻 was is replaced with Valentine's day.  Stores do it so why shouldn't Q as a matter of fact, It's been Christmas since June -- I'm over it on the 26th😉😉😉

Wish that lady had stopped at my house. I would have gladly given her the 3 boxes of Russell Stover chocolates my hubby received as gift. Worst candy we ever tasted, really cheap tasting chocolate. Threw all 3 boxes in trash. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Everyone is different. People can worship and do other things. Decorations don't tell anyone if they are true believers.

For me, I don't decorate at all. Christmas is my least favorite holiday...except for Christmas Mass. I'd love to skip from Black Friday to New Year's Day. Long story.

People need to stop expecting others meet their expectations.

Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

The orthodox Christian's celebrate Christmas on Jan 7.  In my town everyone leaves all decorations up until after then... even if they celebrate on Dec 25.

For those who celebrate on Dec 25, the season is not over until the Epiphany... 12 days of Christmas.

Don't worry, tne Christmas sets will return in June for Christmas in July.

Oh Lawdy...ain't that the truth.

lol!