Honored Contributor

Re: Still The Holiday, Right?

I think it's a shame QVC doesn't leave Christmas stuff up until next Sunday, but they have to move on to Valentine's, Easter, Mother's Day.....

As for our household, the inside decorations will stay for two more weeks. I changed the outside decorations to snowmen/snowflakes and white mini lights for all of January.

Respected Contributor

@Dlb63 wrote:

I was actually thinking the same thing. I know they have been up for a while but it would have been nice had they left them up for a few days. 

Yes. The irony in that...they are up in Sept!(even July)...but now down during the actual holidays! Total agreement with all. 

I realize it depends what they are selling, what "messaging" they need in the merchandising of the set...still...keeping it at least seasonal for now would be nice and appropriate for the "clearance" shows...not like they are showing "transitional" or spring yet.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

We celebrate till January 6th.

Same here. "Little Christmas" ❤️🎄

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

The orthodox Christian's celebrate Christmas on Jan 7.  In my town everyone leaves all decorations up until after then... even if they celebrate on Dec 25.

For those who celebrate on Dec 25, the season is not over until the Epiphany... 12 days of Christmas.

Don't worry, tne Christmas sets will return in June for Christmas in July.

Oh Lawdy...ain't that the truth.

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I personally like for ALL holiday decor to be gone on dec. 26. I think it is tacky to hang on to it after dec. 25.

@Goldengate8361 Tacky?  What on earth makes you think that?  As mentioned above, lots of Christians celebrate the religious season longer than that, and some folks like being decorated for the New Year celebrations, and some just think it's pretty and want to enjoy it longer.

What's tacky about not jerking it down the minute you can?  If I felt that way I wouldn't put it up in the first place. 

Trusted Contributor

Well, it's been a long holiday celebration at the Q -- after all it started in July......

Occasional Contributor

I thought THE very same thing..Where did Christmas go on Sunday Morning??? LOL that was FAST!   Guess we are into Spring now....  Happy Holidays !

Respected Contributor

@candyagain wrote:

Well, it's been a long holiday celebration at the Q -- after all it started in July......

No, it actually started in JUNE and seems to be earlier and earlier each year. 

Honored Contributor

@fatcat4221 

All the decor is down in the stores but even before Christmas the ❤️ Day things were out!

Yesterday, funny thing lady in front of me in checkout had several sealed boxes of Russell Stovers boxed chocolates.  The cashier told her they'd have to be done individually she piled them up on conveyor.  Then cashier told her total -- lady starts arguing they are 1/2 price or 75% off by signage.

After a few minutes, manager came over (Customer was not pleasant🤬🤬")...

They were Valentine Wrapped Boxes @ $9.99/each.  Of course, customer demanded they were in the 50% aisle - 

Where 🎄🎅🏻 was is replaced with Valentine's day.  Stores do it so why shouldn't Q as a matter of fact, It's been Christmas since June -- I'm over it on the 26th😉😉😉

Super Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I personally like for ALL holiday decor to be gone on dec. 26. I think it is tacky to hang on to it after dec. 25.

LOL, I think taking it down the next day is tacky. And sad.