Highlighted
Contributor

This may sound petty, however but, today is the day after Christmas and all of the holiday decorations are down on air, not cool. We celebrate the season throughout the week till New Years QVC!!!!!!!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Still The Holiday, Right?

I was actually thinking the same thing. I know they have been up for a while but it would have been nice had they left them up for a few days. 

Honored Contributor

Our local news station did an "in-house survey" on that subject this morning.    The results were 50-50.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

We celebrate till January 6th.

Honored Contributor

The orthodox Christian's celebrate Christmas on Jan 7.  In my town everyone leaves all decorations up until after then... even if they celebrate on Dec 25.

For those who celebrate on Dec 25, the season is not over until the Epiphany... 12 days of Christmas.

Don't worry, tne Christmas sets will return in June for Christmas in July.

Esteemed Contributor

I personally like for ALL holiday decor to be gone on dec. 26. I think it is tacky to hang on to it after dec. 25.

Respected Contributor

If you're referring to on air at QVC; I'm glad they're down. They've had the set decorated with Christmas decorations, on and off since June. it's overkill. They spend most of the time in Christmas mode. I enjoy Christmas, but it's too much already. I'm glad to see it go, along with the Christmas themed shows. I think they keep Gourmet Holiday on all year specific to the different holidays. I guess that's ok.

Valued Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I personally like for ALL holiday decor to be gone on dec. 26. I think it is tacky to hang on to it after dec. 25.

@Goldengate8361 So much for the song Twelve Days of Christmas! Tacky song too?

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Not all people celebrate a Santa Claus Christmas.

For many people they, for religious reasons follow the original Julian calendar and for them Christmas is on on January 7 and lasts for 12 days.

For those Christians who follow the Gregorian calendar, Christmas is on December 25 and runs until Jan 6.  It is not just one day.

There is nothing tacky about people who are practicing their religion and leaving their decor out or leaving their decor out past the 25th because they like it and want to.

You are free to take your decor down when you want to, but it is not tacky leave it up longer. ( I can't believe you even wrote that) 

Trusted Contributor

Our family always kept the house decorations up until Twelfth Night, Jan. 6.  Personal choice.

Commercial decorations, however, are another kettle of fish.  Since we have been  looking at QVC Xmas decor since October, it does not seem unreasonable for them to disappear overnight at this point, as they have in previous years.  They are not celebrating anything; they are trying to spur sales of items targeted to the next seasonal influence.