Contributor

Standing with Ankles or Legs Crossed? Ummm...What???

Why are there so many show hosts and models standing with their ankles or legs crossed? It look ridiculous. They look like they are going to fall over. It really looks unflattering and silly.
Super Contributor

Re: Standing with Ankles or Legs Crossed? Ummm...What???

I think it's one or two things! First they are hoping to look thinner, plus some of the shoes are so high, their feet must be killing them and it may help!! I don't know, but Carolyn especially, and now more hosts, always seem to be thinking about their stance and adopt the 'model pose'!!
Respected Contributor

It always makes me think a bathroom trip is imminent.

Contributor

All of your ideas are definite possibilities, Queen Aud and insomniac. Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

If I did that, I'd have sciatica pain shooting down my right leg.

Contributor

I think they believe it makes them look thinner

Honored Contributor

Back in the early '70's, two friends of mine went to a "charm" school while attending stewardess training and that is how they were instructed to stand to look their best.

Valued Contributor

It's just to look better. I think most women do it if they thing someone is looking at them.

If they didn't do this, people would be posting that they stood in a masculine manner or that they had thunder thighs or something.

They really can't win, whatever they do.

Super Contributor

It's the model stance, it's supposed to make you look thinner on camera and in pictures.

Occasional Contributor

OMW those cross leg and ankles poses. I know why they probably do it, but they don't know how silly it looks. It looks like at any minute they are gonna take off running to the potty b/c they have waited too long to go. It does nothing for them. Just be natural, & do you girls. You are what you are. Please. Looks ridiculous.