Frequent Contributor

Standard size Philosophy products please!

I would really prefer Philosophy to sell small or standard size  products at a good price instead of supersizing everything. I wi

ll never buy a giant shower gel or perfume bottle. how do you carry a giant bottle of perfume in your handbag??

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Standard size Philosophy products please!

Agree - these JUGS are over the top.  I'd never buy super size - unattractive containers - hard to handle with bathroom wet hands & slippery soap..................vendors act like it's the greatest.

Respected Contributor

I agree.  I like shampoo or body wash bottles to be no larger than 16 oz.  My hands are arthritic and it's hard to hold and squeeze big bottles..  I also like a change and don't want to deal with using up huge bottles.

Respected Contributor

ITA, don't like the huge mega-sizes of everything.  The Philosophy vendors keep saying it's because "you requested this size", but let's be honest, they do it because it makes them more money, not for our convenience.   Also, those mega sizes last a very long time and don't stay fresh forever.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DEBBIE14 wrote:

I would really prefer Philosophy to sell small or standard size  products at a good price instead of supersizing everything. I wi

ll never buy a giant shower gel or perfume bottle. how do you carry a giant bottle of perfume in your handbag??

Totally agree with this! I’ve had to pass over so many Philosophy offerings that I may have jumped on had the sizing been smaller. I lose interest when the total amount of shower gel exceeds 32 oz. Please offer a choice of a single 32 oz. bottle (as in the summer shower gel  A300822) in a choice of scents or a set of two or more 16 oz. sizes in assorted scents, not all the same scent. 

I’m one person and there’s no way I can finish off these huge quantities of the same scent. I like seasonal variety and like to rotate scents and hate these humongous bottles sitting around taking up space for what seems like forever. I also feel that when the super sizes are offered, that the product quality suffers. Lately my Philosophy shower gels appear to be thinner and watered down and barely have any scent.

I’d much rather pay a few $$ more for the smaller 16 oz. size product that smells like the Philosophy I remember. I’d feel much better investing my money in Philosophy products if they offered more quality, not quantity. 

Respected Contributor

ITA.....on all their stuff....S U P E R   D U P E R  M A S S I V E sizes.... then they run the cost numbers...

"Now you see you would be getting 1400 bottles of the small size which sell for $60 each so you are now saving $499..... which would you prefer? To pay over all that extra money or save to almost half that cost?"🙄

Who the heck wants 45 mascaras?   You can bury me with the left overs I guess by the time I go thru them all.....and they put it all on good ol Auto Delivery......😲

My teeny bathroom can't hold 1 skinny tooth brush..... I have to hang the thing up.. (NO, I'm not putting any in any guest drawer either.....I don't know any guests nor plan to have any)

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Valued Contributor

i agree with the previous posters.

i don't want 2 32 oz of the same scent of body wash.

while i have put them on auto delivery, i have cancelled each one.

the only thing that comes to mind that is really good about the 32 ounce size is that it comes with a pump.

i remember a time, when even the 8 ounce size came with a pump.

i use to give that size of purity as part of a birthday or xmas gift, but no pump (and can't buy them separately either anymore), means one less thing i buy.

having dexterity problems, picking up and squeezing a bottle isn't something that i do anymore.

fortunately, last year korres came out with a 33 ounce shower gel with a pump.
and don't you dare ask how many i bought last year or how many i bought this year. <smile>
and they have better ingredients

problem solved!

their regular size shower get bottle can be squeezed, but i poured it into a bottle with a pump. dare i say, how much i did not like doing that.

Respected Contributor

I like the 32 ounce bottles, especially for the body lotions. I don’t usually carry perfume in my purse. However, I’ve gotten small glass vials of Philosophy fragrances as samples when I’ve bought products from the Philosophy website. These would be a good size for carrying in your purse.

Esteemed Contributor

I so agree - I do not like these mega-size bottles and stopped buying them at least 5 years ago.

Respected Contributor

I don't use much product at one time, and the sets of large bottles can go bad before I can use it all. Also I like to change up the scents.