Esteemed Contributor

Re: Stacey Stauffer, Sandra Bennett, Jennifer Coffey, and Antonella

[ Edited ]

I have found that if I don't like the way the hosts present, I will not watch their Q show - even if the item is something I am interested in buying!    I am sure that all the hosts are kind, pleasant people, but some really are terrible sales people!   And, hello, that is their job.  It is not their job to become a viewer's best friend nor confidante!  I hate  hearing family stories, religious comments or vacation recounts from hosts.  I really don't care about their private life.  Their tales do not make me want to watch them any more often nor make me want to buy any product!! 

I will not watch Shawn nor Kirsten.  I am not being unkind, as I stated,  I am sure that they are pleasant, decent people. I just don't like the way they present/sell!! And since they are on so often, I rarely watch the Q anymore.  I will check out the channel's website, but it has been a while since I watched an entire show!

Honored Contributor

There are three or four hosts and one vendor that I just cannot watch.  They must sell a lot because they are on constantly.  They are not the newer ones!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree, and more men and Rick and the Dans, because they actually demonstrate how to use the products. Remember the days when we could watch a presentation (15 minutes, not an hour) and out of the box know how to set something up and use it? Ah, the good old days.

Valued Contributor

Worst voice ever,  woman who sells Slinky Fashions on HSN.  Nails on chalkboard

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

If you ask 10 viewers to pick their favorite and least favorite host, you will get 20 different answers.

Bingo.

Which is why QVC doesn't give a fig for any of the "I can't stand ...", "I turn the channel ..." ".... makes me sick" posts. Pays NO attention. Because for every item one person doesn't buy because they hate Host X, there may be three people who buy multiple items because they love X, or ten people buying because they want the item and couldn't care less who's presenting

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Miranda1550 wrote:

Worst voice ever,  woman who sells Slinky Fashions on HSN.  Nails on chalkboard

What about Diane Gilman ! If she's not a nutcracker I haven't met one. LOL

Bet Q would laugh at the people who are using them to lull themselves to sleep each night. Q is babysitter LOL

Respected Contributor

@corita wrote:

I have found that if I don't like the way the hosts present, I will not watch their Q show - even if the item is something I am interested in buying!    I am sure that all the hosts are kind, pleasant people, but some really are terrible sales people!   And, hello, that is their job.  It is not their job to become a viewer's best friend nor confidante!  I hate  hearing family stories, religious comments or vacation recounts from hosts.  I really don't care about their private life.  Their tales do not make me want to watch them any more often nor make me want to buy any product!! 

I will not watch Shawn nor Kirsten.  I am not being unkind, as I stated,  I am sure that they are pleasant, decent people. I just don't like the way they present/sell!! And since they are on so often, I rarely watch the Q anymore.  I will check out the channel's website, but it has been a while since I watched an entire show!

S.K. is getting more and more animated in her movements, robot like in some instances. I find it extremely hard to watch and its a shame because she does have good things in her shows but I can't force myself to purchase from a host that acts and talks like she does.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

What did the viewers do in the days before Blogs and Forums to vent their views?  Seriously I don't ever remember disliking any of the hosts back in the day when I joined QVC.

Respected Contributor

The Q has 26 hosts, I see a lot of new hosts on air as opposed to the hosts that have been there for years, and some that are really under used. I think Shawn has way to many shows and really needs to go back for a refresher course in training. With her made up words, and teenager slang, along with all her personal life stories, {loves to travel, her friend from college, when she  was in Central Park etc} I know longer watch any of her shows. The same goes for Kerstin and Rick reminds me of a used car salesman.

I used to have on the Q for background noise, now I just put it on  a talk show or the news. Problem solved!

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Contributor

The newer hostesses seem to be more laid back and staying on topic.  I have always been of the opinion that they are salespersons, and we do not need to waste our time listening to their personal lives, etc.  I also wish that APPAREL MEASUREMENTS need to be displayed AT A:LL TIMES so that we can know exact;ly what size to order for each garment.  It simply is NOT TRUE that you can follow a size chart safely (I have had that experience). I will not order a clothing item without first checking with a sales rep for measurements of a particular item.  Displaying sizing would eliminate this waste of time both for the buyer and your reps.  I have repeated;u discussed this with them and with Customer Service - they always agree and say they will report my comments but NOTHING HAPPENS!  I have missed out on popular items because they sell out, but let me state that THERE NEVER HAS BEEN SOMETHING I COULD NOT HAVE LIVED WITHOOUT  BECAUSE IT SOLD OUT WHILE I WAS TRYING TO FIND OUT WHICH SIZE I NEEDED TO ORDER.  Thank you.