Valued Contributor

Something that truly annoys me about QVC's web site

Often a picture of an intriguing item will be posted on the home page. But when you click on it, darnit, you can't locate the item. Not even after click-click-click through page after page. Here's an example. Right now there's a picture of a lovely and simple pair of pearl earrings and pendant under "Gifts Under $100." When you click on it you get 272 jewelry items. But where are the pearl earrings and pendant? Nowhere to be found. This sort of thing turns me off from shopping on the QVC web site. I feel like I'm being click-baited. I feel like I'm being deceived. I feel like I'm wasting my time clicking through nearly 300 items looking for the lovely pair of pearl earrings. Please...if you post a picture of an item on the home page, make it easy to get to. Make it easy to find the information to order. Otherwise you're going to lose customers to other shopping sites that aren't playing silly click-click-click games.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Something that truly annoys me about QVC's web site

I agree - it's happened so many times to me, I just stopped clicking!

Valued Contributor

I totally agree with you about the web site and their "try to find these" items.  However, I looked into Honora Pearl Jewelry and found these:

J333694 - Necklace

J111840 - Earrings

Obviously not a set, but you might want to check them out.

Esteemed Contributor

Something that truly annoys me about QVC's web site:  QVC'S web site period.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I agree - it's happened so many times to me, I just stopped clicking!

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, NOT

Respected Contributor

Yes, yes, a 1000 times yes!  OP you are right!

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

I agree.  I have clicked on items that I probably would be interested in purchasing, but I will not look through pages of products trying to find that one item. 

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Contributor

You are so right, I no longer look. 

Respected Contributor

QVC why don't you put the Item Number right next to the picture!!  

Honored Contributor

@AuntMame wrote:

Often a picture of an intriguing item will be posted on the home page. But when you click on it, darnit, you can't locate the item. Not even after click-click-click through page after page. Here's an example. Right now there's a picture of a lovely and simple pair of pearl earrings and pendant under "Gifts Under $100." When you click on it you get 272 jewelry items. But where are the pearl earrings and pendant? Nowhere to be found. This sort of thing turns me off from shopping on the QVC web site. I feel like I'm being click-baited. I feel like I'm being deceived. I feel like I'm wasting my time clicking through nearly 300 items looking for the lovely pair of pearl earrings. Please...if you post a picture of an item on the home page, make it easy to get to. Make it easy to find the information to order. Otherwise you're going to lose customers to other shopping sites that aren't playing silly click-click-click games.

@AuntMame

Totally incompetent employees?    

QVC doesn't understand the concept of "user friendly"?

It does seem pretty odd that they get our attention and then play "hide and seek" with customers looking for more information on a specific item.

Holiday shopping can be hard work ..... and the folks at QVC should have the common sense to realize I have money, but have no interest in WORKING to buy things on their website.  

They should be trying to save us TIME and MONEY.   That's their job.