Respected Contributor

Somehing different for your Christmas day programming!!

[ Edited ]

Just a thought.............I know it's the Q's goal to sell, sell, sell 24/7, but I was thinking the other day of how much fun it would be to change things up a little on the taped segments you show on Christmas day.

Maybe I'm the only person who would get a kick out of this, but..........how about putting together some segments of shows from the past......going back to when QVC first hit the airwaves.  I'd love it and it would be funny to see cheese burning in T-Fal, old Diamonique styles, and who can forget, Capodimonte!!  It also would be fun seeing the likes of Kathy, Jeff, Steve Colantuno, Steve Bryant, Mike Rowe, and a lot of past hosts. It not only would be a walk down memory lane for those of us who have watched from the beginning, but would give newer customers a view of how far the Q has come!!

Ok.......this is the suggestion box, and this is my suggestion for Christmas day at the Q.

Respected Contributor

Re: Somehing different for your Christmas day programming!!

I love this idea, but it may be too late for this year.

But do consider it, QVC, for 2017!

Honored Contributor

I don't watch on holidays, but I think this sounds like a realyl fun idea especially for people who can't get out, or for others who for whatever reason are at home and want to watch a little t.v. Maybe for 2017 they will consider it!

Honored Contributor

Thinking practically, while it might be fun to watch, I can think of several reasons why it wouldn't work for QVC. 

Why promote (and get people yammering about) items QVC is not ever going to sell again. Some former hosts would absolutely not want to be shown on QVC again unless they were paid for it (or even if they were paid for it), and that's not going to happen.

It would just fill the forums with "bring back X (host)!" and thread after thread requesting this or that be sold again, or even multiple threads about how great QVC was in the Old Days and how much it sucks now in comparison.

I don't think at this time QVC would want to open any cans of worms.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

Thinking practically, while it might be fun to watch, I can think of several reasons why it wouldn't work for QVC. 

Why promote (and get people yammering about) items QVC is not ever going to sell again. Some former hosts would absolutely not want to be shown on QVC again unless they were paid for it (or even if they were paid for it), and that's not going to happen.

It would just fill the forums with "bring back X (host)!" and thread after thread requesting this or that be sold again, or even multiple threads about how great QVC was in the Old Days and how much it sucks now in comparison.

I don't think at this time QVC would want to open any cans of worms.

You know what Moonchilde, I didn't even think of that, but I think you may be right.....The only other way it could work is a reel of bloopers, but again former hosts may not want to be on there, or it could be a legal reason behind that as well.......Oh well it was a good idea..... 

Honored Contributor

I think too many legalities would come in to play

Respected Contributor

If QVC would consider this idea (even a few hours' worth), it should be stated on the screen that the show is not current (to forestall people ordering).

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  Did you know  you can go to you tube and type in QVC bloopers.  There is one on there of Nick Chavez falling.  He was running around all hyper and the next thing ou know boom!  I have watched that a million times and it is still funny!

Respected Contributor

I agree with OP.  That would be nice to change it up.  Some bloopers and clips from the pas/clips from this past year..   Years ago HSN used to have a nice show on Christmas day when they'd have hosts come on and talk and some brought some family members on with them.  I know not everyone watches on the holidays, but some of us do.

Honored Contributor

I liked it when the Christmas show was hosts cooking in their homes and things  like that.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau