Super Contributor

Soma bras and 'girls'

[ Edited ]

Please please please - STOP referring to breast as GIRLS.  Grow up - they are the breast.     BREAST is not a vulgar word.  Referring to the breast  as  GIRLS is so moronic.  

Honored Contributor

The term girls is used all the time and is not moronic to others.  Relax a bit.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

The term girls is used all the time and is not moronic to others.  Relax a bit.

Agreed . There’s nothing wrong with it. Chill.

Honored Contributor

And as usual with ALL the companies who sells bras here this soma brand is not offering ALL bra sizes for ALL bra wearers.

Honored Contributor

@Sadie45 @I don’t mind hearing breasts called the girls.I have heard guys refer to themselves as Jim and the twins and also Doc and the Duwops.Its just a little humor on what appears to still be a delicate topic...our human bodies.

Honored Contributor

Re: Soma bras and 'girls'

[ Edited ]

Saying grow up is a bit odd coming from somone displaying a picture of Howdy Doody.  It is just a term commonly used - the same as "boobs"!!  Now if they kept referring them to "knockers" that would be different!  I do know many men and women who will never say breast and get all embarassed by anyone saying breasts.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@PookGreat point you make separating "girls" from "knockers".

Trusted Contributor

Add to that all the terms used for the buttocks.  I especially hate BOO-TAY.   Let's all be big girls (pun intended) and use the appropriate names for body parts.  To do anything less means we're a bit uncomfortable talking about them and we shouldn't be.  And yes, the boys should grow up and call their body parts by the appropriate names too.  Come on, people, it's 2019.  You've got a woman parading across the tv screen in a bra and you're still referring to her breasts as "girls?"  A bit silly IMO.

Trusted Contributor

@Sadie45 wrote:

Please please please - STOP referring to breast as GIRLS.  Grow up - they are the breast.     BREAST is not a vulgar word.  Referring to the breast  as  GIRLS is so moronic.  

Ugh! I agree.  It sounds silly.  

Valued Contributor

I wouldn't say those who use the colloquial term are moronic. I'd say they are juvenile. Like a teenager who's afraid of correct terms. Same goes for men! How does anyone take seriously who refers to her breasts as "boobs" or "girls." It's a real indicator of how adult she is! Just my opinion, but please don't tell me to relax. Standards are standards.