Esteemed Contributor

Re: Smaller bites and tone down exhuberance

I have enjoy the food shows but I have never understood why the hosts have to eat the food at all! 

We don't know if it is really 'wonderful' because they will say it is -- even if it is not!!

There are some hosts that stuff their mouth and then try to speak...disgusting!!  Other hosts stick the fingers in the food and lick the fingers when presenting -- disgusting!! And there are certain hosts that I will not watch, regardless of the food presented.

Honored Contributor

Hosts are doing what they've been told to do. That's what employees do.

Valued Contributor

KKJ, that's what the suggestion box is for. Complaining is fun for some people, and complaining about the complainers is also fun for some people.

Esteemed Contributor

@leigh wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

It gets me how people here complain about everything. They're offended by how the hosts eat, then during the pandemic posters came to the boards to actually complain that hosts WEREN'T tasting the food.  They can't win!

Yeah, that's why this is in Suggestion Box and not  "Imma gripe who else is with me?"

I am with you @leigh  this is a discussion board. All thoughts, opinions, and observations are valid. Even when we don't agree. Keep posting, and don't let anyother poster get in your head. 

I had one poster tell me I was boring. My answer to that I am going to keep posting, so don't read or respond to my posts. Problem solved. 

Esteemed Contributor

@leigh I find the squeezing to be the most distasteful. Greasy fingers, and pieces of food stuck on them is not appetizing. They should be using disposable gloves they can peel off after touching. 

I watched ITKWD and the rep touched a raw chicken. David called for something to clean her hands. I don"t understand why they don't use gloves for any raw meat presentation. It baffles me. I have have always used disposable gloves. Especially when touching raw meat. So easy, and sanitary. 

Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@leigh wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

It gets me how people here complain about everything. They're offended by how the hosts eat, then during the pandemic posters came to the boards to actually complain that hosts WEREN'T tasting the food.  They can't win!

Yeah, that's why this is in Suggestion Box and not  "Imma gripe who else is with me?"

I am with you @leigh  this is a discussion board. All thoughts, opinions, and observations are valid. Even when we don't agree. Keep posting, and don't let anyother poster get in your head. 

I had one poster tell me I was boring. My answer to that I am going to keep posting, so don't read or respond to my posts. Problem solved. 

@manny2  - Sorry someone said you were boring.  That's not very nice at all.  I like your response!

Respected Contributor

@leigh wrote:

-I know these people eat so it's not that. Mouthfuls you can readily swallow please.

-When excitement interfers with allowing guests to explain important specifics it's not a good look.

I understand if sales reflected my dismay it would stop. But maytbe you don't know how much it actually is alienating.

Don't you have something important to do?

Respected Contributor

@Sweet Kitties wrote:

KKJ, that's what the suggestion box is for. Complaining is fun for some people, and complaining about the complainers is also fun for some people.

And you're one of them.

Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

@leigh wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

@manny2  - Sorry someone said you were boring.  That's not very nice at all.  I like your response!

Same here. Thanks, @manny2 . I know how the boards are Smiley Wink

Unrelatedly, didn't there used to be an ignore feature? LOL j/k

Esteemed Contributor

@leigh wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

@leigh wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

Same here. Thanks, @manny2 . I know how the boards are Smiley Wink

Unrelatedly, didn't there used to be an ignore feature? LOL j/k

Thank you, both of you @leigh @San Antonio Gal for the kind words. I don't even remember who said it that's how much weight I give it. 

You have to strap on a suit of armour to post on these boards at times. When somebody resorts to insults or name calling I'm out. I can't be bothered. I think they forget high school was a long time ago.