Contributor

Smaller bites and tone down exhuberance

-I know these people eat so it's not that. Mouthfuls you can readily swallow please.

-When excitement interfers with allowing guests to explain important specifics it's not a good look.

I understand if sales reflected my dismay it would stop. But maytbe you don't know how much it actually is alienating.

Respected Contributor

Re: Smaller bites and tone down exhuberance

It gets me how people here complain about everything. They're offended by how the hosts eat, then during the pandemic posters came to the boards to actually complain that hosts WEREN'T tasting the food.  They can't win!

Respected Contributor

Maybe the hosts were really really hungry!

Honored Contributor

@leigh wrote:

-I know these people eat so it's not that. Mouthfuls you can readily swallow please.

-When excitement interfers with allowing guests to explain important specifics it's not a good look.

I understand if sales reflected my dismay it would stop. But maytbe you don't know how much it actually is alienating.

@leigh 

I think sales would show if it is alienating.

They know exactly how much people are ordering. 

If it were disgusting people to the point of not purchasing...they Would def know.

Food shows have increased like crazy since the pandemic.

To me, that shows that it doesn't bother the masses.

Items sell out all the time even though prices have risen just like they have everywhere.

Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

It gets me how people here complain about everything. They're offended by how the hosts eat, then during the pandemic posters came to the boards to actually complain that hosts WEREN'T tasting the food.  They can't win!

Yeah, that's why this is in Suggestion Box and not  "Imma gripe who else is with me?"

Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

Maybe the hosts were really really hungry!

If I had to taste everything I'd skip lunch too. But, still....

Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@leigh wrote:

@leigh 

I think sales would show if it is alienating.

They know exactly how much people are ordering. 

If it were disgusting people to the point of not purchasing...they Would def know.

Food shows have increased like crazy since the pandemic.

To me, that shows that it doesn't bother the masses.

Items sell out all the time even though prices have risen just like they have everywhere.

It's funny but I never checked out the live streams until recently. I assume the videos of people not in the studio are from then so that's interesting to see.

The food shows aren't my thing so an increase mayt be why I seem unable to avoid them. I only really get annoyed when I'm waiting for important info and a host is rambling on about unimportant things like their favorite color. I also think their favorite color is the one selling least but that's wild speculation Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I think the food shows are very popular as many products sell out and keep returning.  As for myself I live at an area where I am fortunate to have so many foods , restaurants and places to buy just about anything that I do not often order food on the Q. However, that is me.  As far as the hosts eating constantly and raving about every single thing they put in their mouths, that is their job as sales people. It doesn't sway me to buy.

Esteemed Contributor

@leigh wrote:

@leigh   Agree.......the stuffing mouths is disgusting.  The yelling, talking over each other and the vendor, and exaggerated excitement is so phony. 

The only time I watch is when Pat, Jayne, Mary Beth or Leah are on together or Rick is on with one of them.  The rest I can't tolerate and go online later to see what was on.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

The food shows are just one of many reasons why I will never be a host on QVC. I am a very picky eater and probably do not like at least 50% of what is shown. On the other hand, put me in a show with bagels, cakes or milk chocolate and I would immediately be hosed down and hauled off the stage!