Super Contributor

Slim legs on pants that are hard to get off...

I find these leggings to be overdone by ALL the designers.  Everyone has them and they are all the same.  Fist I find them very hard to take off at the feet.  I know many have the same complaint because you really have t to struggle to get them off the feet especially if you are not that flexible for whatever reason.  To top it off there are very few choices now of pants that fit nice and are comfy.to take off. Beside all that most do't look too good in those skinny leggings. So all you designers, please get more creative with your pants and stop imitating the skinny pants and design some good ones.  I can't even get a nice jogger type or yoga type pants that have actual lower pant legs that you can just slip out of.  My husband who pad PD cannot take his own pants off because of these idiotic tight cuffs on pants any more! C-mon, give us a break ! Please, put your designer thinking caps on and get with it already. Don't imitate, innovate! and get a bit more fashionable!

Respected Contributor

Re: Slim legs on pants that are hard to get off...

Some of us like them that way so I hope they still keep making them.

Respected Contributor

Leggings are my go to type of pants. I don't like those that fit super tight so I buy one size up and they look like leggings instead of like tights and are not hard to get off and I do have flexibility issues.

I wear pants when I have to go somewhere that requires them and then I prefer slim ankle pants.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I like a slim leg on a pant, but what QVC and HSN term a slim leg is more like a legging, the skinnier the better.  "We'll just make the fabric stretchier so you can stuff your legs in no matter the size."  Even most of their straight leg pants are that way too judging by the fit on the hosts and models.

Respected Contributor

Pants for men & women are available at lots of retailers in all styles, fabrics & price points from Walmart to QVC to Lands End...shop around, they're easy to find.

Honored Contributor

Perhaps you should be shopping for wide leg pants, which are supposed to be more popular now.  As spring arrives, we'll also be seeing beach pants which have a loose leg. 

I have arthritis and can't bend one knee very much, but I can sit on the edge of the bed, grasp the ankle of my slim leg pants and easily pull it off.  Never gave it a thought. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I buy lots of pants that I can easily take off.  I don't see a shortage of those at all.  Maybe you should buy a different style of pant.  Sounds like you are talking about leggings?

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624  @kitcat51 I am in total agreement that we can find any type of pant leg we like at QVC and elsewhere, I have to agree with @plmokn when it comes to being frustrated when you are trying on a pair of slim leg pants that make putting them on some kind of contortion exercise even if the pants are two sizes above one's regular size.  For example: I recently tried to on a pair of QVC Zuda joggers.  There is some flannel-type microfiber lining inside these pants (a good idea for winter wear) that I got tangled up in.  It was frustrating enough to me that the pants are on the way back to back in the plastic bag and returned to QVC. 

zuda Z-Eco Cityscape Jogger w/ Knit Jersey - A389275
Item number:A389275

Respected Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@Kachina624  @kitcat51 I am in total agreement that we can find any type of pant leg we like at QVC and elsewhere, I have to agree with @plmokn when it comes to being frustrated when you are trying on a pair of slim leg pants that make putting them on some kind of contortion exercise even if the pants are two sizes above one's regular size.  For example: I recently tried to on a pair of QVC Zuda joggers.  There is some flannel-type microfiber lining inside these pants (a good idea for winter wear) that I got tangled up in.  It was frustrating enough to me that the pants are on the way back to back in the plastic bag and returned to QVC. 

zuda Z-Eco Cityscape Jogger w/ Knit Jersey - A389275
Item number:A389275

@plmokn 

When you know you have trouble with a style of pants, don't continue to buy them. I don't like tight so I don't try different brands of leggings thinking that they'll work for me...I stick with a narrow cut or straight leg knit pant that's easy on, off & comfortable.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't wear leggings or pants with slim legs or joggers with a tight knit ankle. Most  my pants have straight legs and I have no problems removing them.  

As long as people buy leggings and tight pants, they will be available.  They sell well and bring in some big money.