Valued Contributor

I like the floral fragrances best and I always think the scent fills the room! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Slatkin candles

[ Edited ]

I love Homeworx candles.  I don't like gourmand candles at all though.  I much prefer woodsy, sultry, warm, scents that I burn all year, not just in the fall and winter.

An exception, I do love the mulled spices scent that becomes very popular in winter.  

I will not purchase Harry's reed diffusers anymore though.  I was burned twice by Homeworx diffusers with no discernible scent at all.  Done with those.  

Occasional Contributor

Re: Slatkin candles & New Liquid Soaps

I ordered the new Slatkin liquid soap in the Birch scent.  The scent is very good & the price was very fair BUT I had no idea these were made in China.  I called customer Service & asked if the soap was made in China or just the plastic dispenser & the lady said she didn't know!  Anyone know?  I wouldn't have bought if this is true!  CS said if I returned it I would have to pay shipping.

Respected Contributor

Re: Slatkin candles & New Liquid Soaps

@Eveningsong I was wondering the same thing and I emailed on the Homeworx website and they responded to me the candles were manufactured in Vietnam. Not sure about the soap you are referring to.

Honored Contributor

Home Goods had a great selection of his 3wick candles for $14.99.

I don't burn candles because of allergies but they smelled good in the store.

I like Bath & Body Works as I don't need to burn them for the scent to fill the room although I don't like the plug-ins too strong for me.

Contributor
I have purchased a couple both no scent,
They had some of the Christmas scents by home works at home good those also no scent, I also noticed they were stamped made in Vietnam and no mention of soy.
I would like to try the cheerful giver line maybe they have more scent.

My thoughts exactly.  Why should I have to buy 2 18oz. candles in the same scent?  I bought 2 candles for Halloween (not on sale, of course) but then found the scent rather sweet. 

Now I'm stuck with them or have to pay the shipping cost to send them back.  Why can't we mix and match, if we have to buy 2, especially since we don't get to smell them ahead of time.

It makes me feel "manipulated" into buying something I may, or may not, like.  Although, I've never seen hosts smell something and admit they don't like it.  Everything is wonderful!

Maybe that's why I'm not a very good salesman -- too honest.

Super Contributor

Marshalls, Home Goods and T.J. Maxx have his candles often and much better price.  I have also seen them at Ross stores.  If you are 55 and over Ross also gives you a 10% discount on Tuesdays. 

Respected Contributor

@Suneshine wrote:

Marshalls, Home Goods and T.J. Maxx have his candles often and much better price.  I have also seen them at Ross stores.  If you are 55 and over Ross also gives you a 10% discount on Tuesdays. 

I was never in a Ross until yesterday and guess what, I saw Slatkin candles there also. I think lthe 3 wick ones were 16.99. One smelled nice, the others did not appeal to me at all.

Respected Contributor

I recently bought his White Birch candle. I could smell it in all the rooms, very nice.