Occasional Contributor

We have been yelling about this for years.  It seems they sell to more anorexic body types than larger sizes.  Unfortunately that is not the average size women of today.  

There is no way I am going to buy something that is modeled by a size XXS when I am a XL.  You know it will not look as good on you and then you get to spend a lot to send it back. These XXS Models are lovely and yes of course I would like to look like them but in the real life, most of us don't.  I love Marie the dark hair plus size model.  If it looks good on her chances it will look good on me so I'll give it a try but she is on so few shows anymore.  I have also noticed that the models are put in a size smaller than they really are. Everything should not be skin tight and shoulder seams should fit on the outer edge of the shoulder not an inch up towards the neck area. Hopefully some day QVC will correct these problems but I rather doubt it.  I have been with them since 1993 and nothing has changed as far as the models sizes.

I agree, I'm 5'4 - 230 lbs, I normally wear 2x or 3x.  It would nice to see Susan's or Quacker Factory clothes being modeled by plus size models.  No more plus size XL models; us bigger girls want/need to see more than XL please.

Trusted Contributor

I get frustrated when they refer to a woman who is half an inch from being regular height as a petite.  What are those of us that are really a petite suppose to do?

Esteemed Contributor

@Lila4Now wrote:

I get frustrated when they refer to a woman who is half an inch from being regular height as a petite.  What are those of us that are really a petite suppose to do?

So true, @Lila4Now. The always choose Petite models on the highest side of petite, except for one I've seen at 5', and she's not there often.

Are we supposed to think there are no 5' models or no petite models that don't take an XXS. I think the Q doesn't choose them.

And Susan Graver? She just can't get enough of the tallest models. She should certainly "demand" they give her some Petite models on her shows.

Come on, Susan, stop drooling over Katia. Sure nothings clinging to Katia - not much there to cling to.And always saying that her clothes do not "overwhelm" Katia, who is 5'10" with 5" heels. What about the 5'2" gals being overwhelmed..