Respected Contributor

Silver Jewelry problem & suggestion for QVC

I could never wear silver jewelry so this cuts a lot of things I would really love to order.

I can wear silver if it is coated with something but your line of diamonds here are just plain silver, nothing coated.

I do wish QVC offered more sliver jewelry that is coated with something so maybe a lot more of us could order and wear.

I am sure I can't be the only one that can't wear silver. I use to get only gold but with prices the way they are I had to change. I can get silver other places that is either platinum coated, paladium or gold but QVC doesn't offer too much in the coated silver so, suggestion please!

QVC Customer Care

Re: Silver Jewelry problem & suggestion for QVC

@doglover3

I will gladly forward your suggestion to the proper department for future consideration.  UltraFine silver is a nice line we of silver we carry that is coated. 

Thank you for your suggestion.

Honored Contributor

You might want to try Gems en Vogue on Evine as the metal used on this line is a silver/palladium alloy, just to see if you can wear it.  I think most of Evine's silver is platinum plated as is most of Judith Ripka's.  QVC's UltraFine line has a higher-than-sterling silver content which works for many people since it's the nickel that causes the allergic reaction. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

SHOP LC has a lot of things that are nickel free and lots of Platinum coated items.

Respected Contributor

@Paulette-QVC wrote:

@doglover3

I will gladly forward your suggestion to the proper department for future consideration.  UltraFine silver is a nice line we of silver we carry that is coated. 

QVC never said that Ultrafine Silver is coated. It is an alloy consisting 950 parts silver per 1000. The balance does not contain nickel.

Respected Contributor

@Paulette-QVC wrote:

@doglover3

thank you, do hope they start to carry a line with the platinum coating as their diamonique coated  line has

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

You might want to try Gems en Vogue on Evine as the metal used on this line is a silver/palladium alloy, just to see if you can wear it.  I think most of Evine's silver is platinum plated as is most of Judith Ripka's.  QVC's UltraFine line has a higher-than-sterling silver content which works for many people since it's the nickel that causes the allergic reaction. 

this is where I now get most of my rings, Michael V with his palladium line of gems en vogue, love them and can wear them without a problem.

Frequent Contributor

I am having a problem with gold clad sterling silver jewelry changing color to an orangy color.  This is happening with pieces that have been purchased within the last year.  My older items are not doing that.  This is especially true for the long tassel and/or Y-type necklaces.  I think the quality must not be there anymore.