Trusted Contributor

@makena wrote:

There are all kinds of tops offered on QVC and elsewhere.  A tunic is supposed to be longer than a normal top.  So if you don't want the length, then a shirt would be your option.

@makena  Right and we know this.  Would love to be able to wear some of logo's pretty print tops but they are too long.  

Honored Contributor

I agree with OP.  I'm 5'1" and tunics look horrible on me.  I'm 64 and would appreciate some nice tops with real short sleeves.....no cap sleeves, no sleeveless, no dolman, no elbow.  Just plain old short sleeves.

Valued Contributor

Re: Sick of tunic tops

[ Edited ]

I am 69,  5 ft 1 inch,  and I love tunics because I love leggings.  I also am a big Logo fan and layer my tunics with cardis and tanks.    But I also love jeans and I tuck in my tops with jackets,  cardis, etc.   Love variety.

Honored Contributor

well I like them, but I've never started a thread to say how nice tunics look on me.😜

Contributor

I also forgot to mention that Lori Goldstein' s tunics are ridiculously priced and dumpy loolkion everyone.  They are also very thin, that's why they try to sell you  more layers .I don't know why people buy them.  Every time I see one of her show come on I change the channel.  Just my opinion.

Honored Contributor

Im not!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I like longer tops, as long as though they don't look like a dress.I have to buy tshirt in the mens department, because they are longer.

Respected Contributor

On the flip side of that, as someone that's 6ft tall, I appreciate the longer tops!  Don't like short ones.  They ride up and there's a gap between your pants and the bottom of the top when you sit down or bend over.  Very uncomfortable  and annoying to have to keep pulling it down.  I see more items that are shorter than longer on QVC.

Respected Contributor

I love tunics -  hope they never go away.  I buy petites though.  Chicos, J Jill, Talbots have a lot of them.

Valued Contributor

@delicate wrote:

I also forgot to mention that Lori Goldstein' s tunics are ridiculously priced and dumpy loolkion everyone.  They are also very thin, that's why they try to sell you  more layers .I don't know why people buy them.  Every time I see one of her show come on I change the channel.  Just my opinion.

Actually - I believe its the reverse.   They are meant to be layered which is why they are thinner than normal.   Do you remember when Gap came out with tee shirts to be layered.  They were much thinner than the norm.   Also - I know this has been said before.. but I am a 69 year old  Logo devotee and I get compliments almost everytime I wear them.    Guess people think dumpy is attractive?