Contributor

I don't know about anyone else but I am so sick of all the long tunic tops.  I have a few that actually could wear as a dress.  Problem is I'm a senior and I don't wear such short dresses.  Why are they so long.  When they first came out I liked the fact that they covered my butt.  But now they are ridiculously too long.  All the designers are making them that way too.  Please make some normal size tops and not too thin, because they show every lump and bump.

Respected Contributor

I am 5'4" and many tunics seem to swallow me. I think the tunic popularity came along around the time leggings started being worn as pants. Tunics cover your lady parts, also cover your butt and stomach. QVC sells lots of tunic length oversize t-shirts that can also be worn as a nightshirt. Great selling point "You never have to get dressed again, just get comfortable and wear this tunic 24 hours a day."

Esteemed Contributor

I love tunic length! You should try buying tunics in petite (i.e. like from Talbots) if you need a shorter length.

Respected Contributor

I buy D&Co tops because they have so many in 27 and 28-inch lengths, which is perfect for most everything I wear but leggings. I have trouble with their tunics—either they are roomy enough to be maternity tops or they fit in the shoulders but cling to the stomach & bottom. I’m not crazy about thin jersey fabric in a tunic, so that cuts out several of their brands. When the tunic tops do not flatter the models unless they wear shape wear, and even then they can look very unattractive, I’m not even tempted.

Trusted Contributor

For many people 27" is still too long.  Those who favor 21" to 25" in length at the max usually are short waisted but not always and who have slender hips.  There is about a 2-1/2" difference in length between a petite tunic and a missy tunic whether it's at talbots or at qvc and it's still a tunic that's too long for many petites.  

Honored Contributor

💜 tunics.  The Q has tons of tops that aren't tunics.  Haven't seen any though with a 21 length.

Respected Contributor

There are all kinds of tops offered on QVC and elsewhere.  A tunic is supposed to be longer than a normal top.  So if you don't want the length, then a shirt would be your option.

Contributor

I completely agree about being sick of tunic tops.  I'm also sick and tired of cold shoulder everything.

Honored Contributor

I'm "extra short"..........and I LOVE tunics !!!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I have many tunic tops that are just too long for me (5'4") so I tie a corner up and I really like that look!  I can then wear a tunic that I like the material, sleeve, neckline, etc.  I get so many complements on them.