Contributor

As a favor to their customers, it would be nice if QVC twould list the country of origin for merchandise, instead of just using the word imported....

Might save their customers some money on returns...

Honored Contributor

Re: Show country of origin....

If you'd return something simply due to its country of origin, you should be shopping in a store where you can read the label.  I can't see QVC publishing countries of origin.  It's not important to most customers. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 Well stated. I totally agree with your post.

Contributor

Thank you for your opinions....

I know quite a few people that would like to know the country of origin.

If they do not want to purchase an item, from say, China, (which is their privelege) then they do not buy hence saving wasting money on returns...

Regular Contributor

Who said anything about returning!  If they gave the country in the details on the item, we could choose not to buy it then.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's the fly in the ointment though.

Let's use for this demonstration purpose, item # A 396654, a button down shirt.

The buttons could come from country "A", while the fabric comes from country "B", and the shirt is made in country "C".

~OR~

Country "A" makes blue shirts, while country "B" makes purple shirts, and country "C" makes green shirts.

~OR~

Country "A" makes sizes XXX - M, and country "B" make sizes Large - 3X.

~OR~

Country "A" makes some, and country "B" makes some, and country "C" makes some.

It could be any combination of the situations that I listed above, so it is just easier to say "Imported" , then to list where each cut, stitch, thread, button, and dye lot came from individually.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819  I guess they could say 50% was made in Italy, 30% in China and 20% in Brazil. Guess they would buy it.

If I were so concerned about where something was made according to @Kachina624  I would be shopping at the Malls near me where I can see the labels.

Doesn´t this concern come up every few months? Well, it´s right on time.

Esteemed Contributor

In addition to the good points already made in this thread, I'd be willing to bet that there are times when QVC has no idea where an item was manufactured—they deal for the most part with independent companies that may source items from around the world, and the vendors are responsible for anything specific to do with imports. QVC is just the central sales hub for all of these items and likely has contracts requiring management of at least the majority of the process by the vendors, which allows it to simply mark certain items as "imported" when applicable. You may notice that the bullet/line for the source doesn't appear in every item description...

Esteemed Contributor

I agree and after the product is purchased it is too late unless it is listed on the website or part of the presentation.  For the most part as I look in my closet (clothing) I see China.  

Honored Contributor

Why does it really matter where something was made? It's not like the U.S. is a manufacturing country anymore. Even if made in the U.S, parts come from various countries.

As an aside, if the U.S. wants other countries to buy it products, the U.S. has to buy from them. We lost a lot of buyers due to tariffs, particularly in farming states. IMO, I don't blame those countries for going elsewhere. You would go where the same thing costs less too.