Occasional Visitor

Shouldn't Apparel Size on Presentation Match Host

Good morning!  While there may be a couple of exceptions (more on the men's side), why can't apparel that's presented on the rack match the size of the host of the show?  While it's great for those hosts that are skinny enough to fit into the XXS that is most often displayed, not all hosts are that size (thank goodness, because I'm not that size either).  For example, Carolyn Gracie is not an XXS, so whenever she hosts an apparel show, she's unable to take a sweater or new jacket or cardigan off the rack that they are presenting and wear it.  You see hosts that aren't that size having to walk off the stage to change, leaving the brand ambassador by him/herself to fill in the gaps.  While that's not necessarily a bad thing, but other shows hosted by Shawn, Amy, etc. are able to enjoy wearing pieces presented on the spot.

Respected Contributor

Re: Shouldn't Apparel Size on Presentation Match Host

[ Edited ]

The hosts don't need to put the items on off the rack. They have models to wear them in multiple sizes and can choose what to wear before each show and get items in their size at that time.

Making sure items on the rack fit the hosts is going to mean more product that can't be sold as new and more people spending time making sure they match. That's going to increase customer costs with zero benefit to the customer.

Respected Contributor

They put the smaller sizes on the rack because potential buyers can better imagine themselves in a small size than a large size which equals more sales. Also more garments can fit on the rack in smaller sizes.

Honored Contributor

No, multiple hosts show the same selection of clothing and they're likely to be different sizes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bjnipper: My guess is the use of same-size apparel is to make for a neater, more uniformed look. If the rack contained all different sizes, the look would not be appealing. If you go to a brick and mortar store for clothing, you will not find a rack filled with a mixture of sizes. Each size group is grouped together.  Otherwise, the rack tends to look messy and disorganized. That's why models are there. They, for the most part, represent a range of sizes to give us an idea of how a garment may fit.

Respected Contributor

@bjnipper wrote:

Good morning!  While there may be a couple of exceptions (more on the men's side), why can't apparel that's presented on the rack match the size of the host of the show?  While it's great for those hosts that are skinny enough to fit into the XXS that is most often displayed, not all hosts are that size (thank goodness, because I'm not that size either).  For example, Carolyn Gracie is not an XXS, so whenever she hosts an apparel show, she's unable to take a sweater or new jacket or cardigan off the rack that they are presenting and wear it.  You see hosts that aren't that size having to walk off the stage to change, leaving the brand ambassador by him/herself to fill in the gaps.  While that's not necessarily a bad thing, but other shows hosted by Shawn, Amy, etc. are able to enjoy wearing pieces presented on the spot.

SERIOUSLY???

Esteemed Contributor

Smaller sizes look better on camera. 

Honored Contributor

It would be a logistical nightmare making individual sizes available, especially since different hosts may be presenting the same line during one day.  The other option would be a huge rack full of many sizes.  My pet peeve is lack of correct color info, if they can accomplish that one I will be a happy camper.  

Trusted Contributor

This is a purely petty rant and not exactly what this thread is about, but it's similar. I am so tired of hosts trying on every single item in the show & saying, "I'm in the EXTRA EXTRA small" or "I'm in the DOUBLE EXTRA small." After the first couple items, it's like, okay we got it! Thanks for listening to my rant lol.

P.S. Do I wish I was an XXS? You betcha!
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

They put the smaller sizes on the rack because potential buyers can better imagine themselves in a small size than a large size which equals more sales. Also more garments can fit on the rack in smaller sizes.

What a bunch of bunk.  There is still discrimination against women who are bigger than a size L