Respected Contributor

I just chuckle and move on.  They have to say something to try and get you to buy.

I know my own needs and wants.

I hate when they talk about all their trips and all these places they get to go and here I sit.  I can't afford to travel like that.  Call me jealous I guess.

Honored Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

@MsJr 

Also, Shawn should comb her hair and keep it from falling in front of her face.  Where are the hair stylists?

They haven't had hair or makeup stylists since Vid  @maximillian 

They all 'do' themselves.

It's a SELLING channel @KG60 ...they will say sales pitches....that is their job.

Trusted Contributor

@KG60 I think you really need to take what the hosts say with a grain of salt. I can't imagine what I would say if I had to talk for 3 hours straight. They do come up with some odd sales tactics but I never take it seriously. I purchase if the price is right and I want/need it. I buy a lot of gifts so I have bought several of one item, but not because they tell me to.

@Qvcmeow Yes, I have brought in gifts to the medical staff in a hospital. It was gratefully received. Long story short, I had a stillborn at full term. The Labor & Delivery ward was AMAZING. They cried with me, gave support, and genuinely cared. Yes, they have important things to do but they accepted our gifts graciously. I had a friend that was a nurse there and she said the staff talked about that for months. They are very smart people and did eat the items I gave and displayed the flowers for all to enjoy. Many times nurses do not get thanked enough and they were very happy I recognized there caring and attentive efforts during a very difficult time. By the way, they did remember me

I think it's too easy to judge when there are other's that may find what a host says helpful. Remember that phrase "Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes."

Respected Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

@KG60 

It does get to be rather funny, the further they stretch:  "Buy one for your kid's coach, buy one for the mail person, buy one for the neighbor who complains about your dog, buy one for the relative you never see, buy one for the server who messes up your order, buy one for the parole officer who meets with your ex-husband, buy one for the police officer who wrote your last ticket,  buy one for the UPS employee who dropped your case of wine, buy one for the coworker who took your parking space..."  ad nauseum.   Sorry, hosts, my (non-existent) "Gift Closet" just isn't big enough. 

love it! I'm saying the same thing like this when they say that, entertaining myself.

Respected Contributor

@MsJr wrote:

Also am very tired of Issac M. hair in the back of his head.  Listen famous designer, design a comb, brush or pick when you are on live tv, come on.  I refuse buying any more of his products til he does some grooming.  My choice.  

Really made me laugh, I've never seen the back of his head, but this is funny.Either comb that hair or lose a customer.!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I too have bought multiples as gifts, especially during the holidays but I can't imagine anyone doing so because of some host!  

@cjm61  Wonderful gesture to gift the nurses Heart Gestures like that mean so much.

Honored Contributor

Another sales tactic? 

Put that in customers' ears, give them reasons why they should...like wanting another color and it's sold out when you return to get it...buy now and don't worry about selling out of other colors.

Not only suggesting to buy multiples, they are saying customers ARE buying multiples.  Are they buying multiples?

Then there is, "You need this in black too.  You must have black in your closet.  Get your favorite color and black."

"Get one in every color.  You'll wish you did."

Respected Contributor

Huh??

Contributor

Good for you.

Contributor

😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣😂😂🤣