Frequent Contributor

Shoe Exchange Error Sending Wide Width Instead of Medium

I'm really annoyed by this, i returned a pair of shoes because the color didn't suit as well as I hoped and asked for another color in the same size, 7.5M, and yes I filled out the form correctly. They just started processing the order today and are sending a pair in 7.5W--wide width. There's no way these will fit my feet, I had this happen last year and I know my feet will be swimming in them. I called customer service right away but of course they can't stop it, the color I wanted is sold out in my size now, and now I'm going to have wait for these to get here and send them back again for a refund, which means either catching the mailman or taking them to the post office since shoes won't fit in my mailbox, and I'm going to get charged another month's easy pay before this is sorted out. I know I sound awful complaining, but I'm not feeling well and recovering from a serious injury, and just don't feel like fooling with this. I realize the department that handles exchanges is very busy but they should take time to get things right. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Shoe Exchange Error Sending Wide Width Instead of Medium

I feel your pain, but at the end of the day, anyone can make a mistake.  Definitely don't let them charge you for shipping.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

There's no excuse for sending your an incorrect size, you have every right to complain.  This why I don't do exchanges.  I prefer returning the first one and ordering a replacement.  I don't want to risk that the color or size I really want might sell out and that does happen often when people do exchanges.  

Respected Contributor

@brandy77: I don't think you're complaining at all. For some reason, QVC's exchange policy does not work efficiently IMO. I always chuckle whenever hosts tell us how simple and easy it is to make an exchange. There have been times when I've returned an item requesting an exchange. But, instead of receiving the exchange item, I'm given a refund instead. What??? This has happened more than once. There seems to be a serious disconnect with the exchange policy. So now, instead of requesting an exchange, I just return the item for a refund and place another order.  QVC needs to take notes and implement HSN's exchange policy, it works beautifully.

Honored Contributor

@brandy77. When the wide shoes arrive, put the return label on the box, go online and request a post office pick up.  They'll come and get it.  Minimal effort on your part.  Just make sure they don't charge you for return shipping.  Hope you feel better soon.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

@Kachina624 Unfortunately in the case of our local postal carriers it's still an effort, they seem to think a pick up means "if the box won't fit in the mailbox watch for me all day and then bring it out when you see me." Our longtime carrier retired and we still don't have a regular replacment yet so whoever is available fills in, sometimes our mail runs at 10am other times after 5pm. I know it's a minor effort on my part, I guess I'm just annoyed because I'm not feeling well and didn't need another problem, even a minor one, to deal with right now. But I'll deal with it when the shoes get here, maybe I'll be feeling better by then, customer service says they're being shipped by the vendor so there's no way to stop them.

Frequent Contributor

I understand, everyone makes mistakes, I know I've made plenty, I just feel in the case of exchanges they should be a little more alert or careful to make sure they get it right and this kind of thing doesn't happen.  I'll keep an eye on it to make sure they don't charge for the label. 

Frequent Contributor

@Diva on The Q Thanks! I'll definitely keep that in mind for the future. Obviously exchanges are not working well.