New Contributor

Shipping to Hawaii has doubled and tripled in the past couple of weeks!

I'd really like to know what happened!  We no longer can take advantage of great prices due to the shipping costs. They are outrageous and there has been no formal announcement about this outside of the normal "contiguous states" note that they always post. Please tell me this is for December only. If this is going to continue, it is no longer a value to shop with QVC. Can someone in corporate check into this please?

Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping to Hawaii has doubled and tripled in the past couple of weeks!

What I do know is my friend I eat with all of the time has a niece who just moved there.  She's going crazy trying to get things to Hawaii at Christmas.  

She said there are a lot of places who won't send things to Hawaii so she's had to send them to her and she's had to send them to Hawaii.

Valued Contributor

Same issue shipping to Alaska now, where I live. If the price states $3 or $5 shipping, it is a higher charge once I get to the billing part of the process. And the increase doesn't offer expedited shipping. This is like a bait and switch scheme. 

Honored Contributor

This is interesting.... although I've stopped shipping to Hawaii and Alaska because of the time it takes to get there (and the complaints from my customers because of this), the prices were always the same because it's in the U.S.  It was never way higher than anywhere else, kind of like sending something from So. Ca. to the East Coast (I'm an eBay seller).... 

I stopped sending things about two years ago but when I did, I could send up to 70lbs in a Priority box or envelope for one cost (the same for anywhere in the U.S.) and where sent via Airplane.  When I sent Parcel Post or Economy, these would take up to six weeks to arrive because they are collected and put in a shipping container and then sent via CARGO SHIP!  

Of course things change and I am probably not aware of the changes but this sounds really bad for those living in Hawaii and Alaska.....  not good!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
New Contributor

Dec. 27, 2015

AMAZON.COM is getting my business now.   They carry most of the same products I care about like makeup from Laura Geller and dishes from Temp-Tations.     I have spent thousands of  $ over the years with Q, but will stop shopping with them due to higher costs for Hawaii shipping.   

ALSO, the total lack of communication about changes in charges for Hawaii is very un-quality, un-customer service.     Shame on the QVC execs who made this decision.   Especially since so many companies offer FREE s&h now.  

Amazon Prime is winner in this one.    

Trusted Contributor

There is no "bai and switch," and I for one am sick and tired of people using this phrase without understanding its meaning or implication.  Essentially, you are implying that QVC (in this instance) is doing something sketchy and nefarious.  It is not.

Shipping costs money, and shipping to Alaska and Hawaii costs more than shipping within the contiguous U.S.  It is as simple as that.

While there are many people who actually believe that "free shipping" exists, others understand that it does not.   SSPerhaps because we actually ship items more often or we know how to read shipping charts or because we understand how businesses build shipping into inflated base prices.  Regardless, higher shipping costs to these states are a fact of life which is, amongst numerous reasons, that the cost of living in these places is significantly higher than in other locations.

Esteemed Contributor

I actually understand why it cost more to ship to Hawaii. 

Valued Contributor

FYI..it is baiT and switch. I don't know if you live in AK or HI and have QVC ship packages there, but prior to Christmas when the price of shipping was $3 or $5, that is what the final charge was. Since the holidays, the charge, at the end of processing, is NOW higher for no expedited shipping. So QVC is advertising something that is not true for no extra service. I get that expedited shipping is more, but in the last few weeks QVC has changed the charges when a few weeks ago the same service was less. 

Occasional Contributor

exactly - I thought it was just for Christmas perhaps - but it doesn't look like it - I will no longer be able to be a QVC customer - what a sad day

Occasional Contributor

This is something completely new - I have shopped for 20 years or more with QVC and always got the same rates as long as i used the post office for shipping - and not UPS.