New Contributor

Shipping and Delivery are Horrible stop Using USPS.

Ok, this is the problem I order something and you all decide to use USPS which is the worse when delivering something. Second If we are paying for these high priced items why are you letting USPS deliver the items. Why not Fedex or UPS. People are stealing others people packages because USPS decides that they wnat to leave your packages at the door then get home stuff is not there. So is there anyway to get better delivery. Plus i called USPS on both my packages and they can't even tell me were they are. And thats just horrible.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shipping and Delivery are Horrible stop Using USPS.

I totally agree!!! I much prefer UPS. USPS is extremely slow and unpredictable.

Trusted Contributor

You're getting 3.00 shipping charges.  Liquidation Channel uses USPS to ship their low cost jewelry.  I just received an package from a private gift shop that arrived two days after their giving me a heads up email on it.  They used FedEx and the shipping charge was 7.95.  Are you willing to pay that high a price for FedEx?  QVC is not.

Honored Contributor

Just a reminder that what's good for you personally isn't necessarily good for all of us.  No way, no how!

We all don't get the same service from the alternate deliverers.  As I sit here waiting for my tax return package, I hold my breath.  I expect it to come FedEx --and I just hope they deliver it to my address because there are new neighbors 6 houses away where FedEX so frequently delivers what is mone!

Again -  my service from USPS is just not horrible -  and is only faster if I pay extra like at Amazon  (and 1Amazon for me is extra.  Last time I paid for Prime, it ended up costing me more than QVC when I averaged it out over the year --and no, I don't want to stream music or watch their TV.  Just don't.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

To send packages via UPS doesn't always happen either because they then transfer to what they call 'surepost' which means your USPS mail person will deliver and toss packages all over your front porch.  They don't even put them in your mailbox even if the package will fit inside.

Many times I go outsdie to get my mail and I'll find a package laying in the middle of my porch for all the world to see.

This does not by any stretch make me happy. 

I also believe Fedex has a relationship with USPS and they then change the mailing somewhere along the line over to USPS. 

None of this makes me happy.  I don't get the goods any faster either, in fact sometimes slower, more days are involved as well people.

Unless you just happen to have a great (USPS) mail deliverer who actually does his job well and cares for what's passed to him to deliver from UPS or Fedex, he will put it in your mailbox, but I will also say, not always. 

Respected Contributor

I pay more than the posted S&H , sometimes twice or 3x more because I'm not in contiguous states..  Packages are stolen from porches even if they are UPS or FED EX.  At Christmas one porch thief trailed UPS trucks.

I've never had a problem with USPS but we use a box.

New Contributor

Im willing to pay anything to have it arrive, i rather sign for my stuff then have it dropped off at my porch door when im not there.

New Contributor

Exactly you use A box us that dont use a box were its sitting at your door and somebody can come up and pick it up thats a problem. I rather sign it if its a Computer or Electronic all im saying

Honored Contributor

@BBoogie86And there's the difference and why I like USPS just as much as you like the others  -  UPS always leaves my pakcages unless the shipper requires a signature.  Anyone could pick them up. 

My USPS never just leaves them at the door -  they use a locked box here in my condo development. 

Regular Contributor

Those higher ticket items like laptops are signature required. I've bought 3 laptops from QVC and each of them was signature required therefore I HAD to be home. Those shouldn't be left.