Respected Contributor

Re: Shipping and Delivery are Horrible stop Using USPS.

Although I have not experienced any problems with USPS yet, I did have one major issue with UPS when I ordered a fragrance from Q.  Not once, not twice, but THREE times, UPS delivered an EMPTY cardboard box to my door.  Each time, I would call QVC Customer Service, another perfume would be sent out, again by UPS, another empty box.  Finally, I went online and found the customer service number for UPS, called, spoke to a lady oveseas in Manila I think, and told them about the empty box  problem.  Then I got a call from my local UPS center here where they route and load the UPS trucks for deliveries.  I got the impression that's where the problem was, that whoever loaded the UPS trucks found an opportunity to slip out the bottle of perfume.  Anyhow, until that time, I always thought either FedEX or UPS was the best shipping method.  When QVC first changed their delivery choice from UPS or USPS, I even wanted to pay the additional charge for UPS just to ensure safe delivery.  But even UPS can have issues.  In using USPS, given that so many post offices are closing, Q is acutally helping them to stay in business.  

Honored Contributor

I find the 'Sure Post' packages arrive 1-2 days later than if UPS or Fedex carried to the destination.  I know slow delivery gets frustrating but I have only not received  about three packages in over twenty years from QVC so that is a pretty good average considering how much I have ordered  during that time.  As far as the packages being stolen from the porch would it really matter who put them there?  A thief doesn't care if USPS, UPS or Fedex left the packages there, I'm pretty sure.

Respected Contributor

I think everyone has a different experience depending on where they live.  I live in a condo with a front door mailbox and a back door that goes to my private patio/garage.  When USPS delivers, they use the front door, and the UPS guy uses the back door.

HSN, QVC and Evine use UPS Surepost, so the packages are shipped via UPS until they get to the regional office (near here).  From there, UPS has the ability to choose whether to take them to my city P.O. for local delivery, or deliver them via their own truck. So, I never really know which way they'll arrive, although the larger packages usually come UPS (back door, which is more private).  My mail carrier is really nice and tries to get all the small packages into my small mailbox, and leaves the others close to the front door.  He occasionally gives me a neighbor's mail, but I don't have a problem with packages........I think when he sees a package, he just assumes it must be for me!  Cat Tongue

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I have no delivery problems from any of the carriers.  My problem is how slowly QVC and HSN seem to be in getting things to the carriers in the first place!

Honored Contributor

I live in southern WV, and receive great delivery service from both UPS and USPS.   I do think it is strange for my UPS driver to walk a single bottle of Philosophy body wash to my door, and my mailman struggle to get the huge box with my 48 inch snowman in it out of his small SUV!   Mail was heavy the day my snowman was delivered, so my mailman had no room for my big box.   He had to deliver all the mail, then go back to the post office, load my box and then come back to deliver it, before he was considered done for the day.   

Valued Contributor

For Shopping channel anything ship standard delivery is usps. For me with the exception of ebay,(USPS) I always used  UPS express delivery, also I signed up for UPS choice, which let me know I have a package coming and a time frame for delivery.  3 years ago a driver stated he came and no one was home, that was a lie,I never left the house) I raise enough he--. That the next day the Supervisor and another driver delivery the package at a time that I requested with an apology. I never had a issue before or since. I been ordering for well over 30 years from a varies of stores and shopping channel.

Honored Contributor

I prefer UPS.  I'm signed up with UPS to get emails. They notify me when a package is going to be delivered. USPS tracking stinks. The majority of the time the tracking is not available until after you receive your package. LOL!!! What kind of tracking is that? Q is pretty much the only place I order from that I'm not sure when my package will arrive. Does not matter if it's USPS, UPS, Fed Ex etc they all leave the packages on the front porch. My mailman also delivers packages to the wrong houses. If you don't catch it that day & call the post office so they can chat with the mailman he forgets & I'm SOL. I opened a package once that had what looked like syringes of some kind. I don't think they should leave those little syringes on someones front porch. I'm tired of opening other peoples mail or packages. Why should I have to remember to check who the mail/package was addressed to before I open it. 

Respected Contributor

I too have the same problem.  This has been going on now for at least 2 years.  It seems UPS first gets my package and sends me a notice that they have delivered it to my local USPS.  This takes an extra 3 days sometimes 4 but often they canot trace it once it arrives at the local USPS.  I have had several disappear never to be seen.  If I get lucky and it actually gets delivered to my home it is usually dumped under our mailbox out on the road which is 400 feet from our house and cannot be seen from our house.  Needless to say things tend to disappear. 

If I have anything really expensive to be delivered I have it shipped to my daughters house because in her town UPS still delivers.  I have no clue as to why they no longer deliver most of the things I order anymore.

Super Contributor

Absolutely agree with UPS handing off to USPS, it's horrible in my area.

My solution?  The very few things I used to order at QVC I no longer do.

It's just not worth the aggravation with USPS and never knowing when a package is due to arrive.  

QVC has changed in so many areas but when competing companies (like Amazon) deliver SO quickly, it's easy for me to not even consider QVC for a purchase.  

Respected Contributor

Years ( yes, literally years) ago  I asked QVC to only send my purchases via UPS.  The reason for this was daily delivery times, and the fact that there was less obvious overall delivery time involved with the Postal  ??Service??.

Recently that has become a moot point with QVC.  I have spoken with Corporate and they say it is up to the shipping department.

I have received two items of clothing over the past few months, both brought by the USPS, and both crammed into a regular size box and crumpled to the point that I sent them back as defective - no way to improve on the sloppy way they are wrinkled once found in the box..

I find it easier to pop into the car and drive seven minutes exactly to Belk and purchase what I want without wrinkles, delay, and shipping charges. So in the long run QVC loses - not that anyone cares.