Honored Contributor

@zumbagirl wrote:
I knew what the shipping was for a single pair of sandals. It has been quite sometime, like over a year ago, that I have purchased more than one of the same item. When I checked out online, the shipping costs were not $15.00. If the costs were, I would not have purchased three pairs of the sandals. The shipping costs were estimated to be $9.00, which I still felt were high, but was okay paying. I brought this to the attention of the person I was chatting with and was told that purchases placed online are only estimates and never fully billed until the items shipped. If QVC has so-called reduced shipping rates, then why would online orders show shipping costs as estimates? This makes no sense at all.

I'm sorry, but this does make no sense.

When you place an order online, you see EXACTLY what you will be charged on the last page before you hit submit.

There is no such thing as a shipping 'estimate' if you live in the 48 mainland states.  The shipping fee is the shipping fee.  It is shown on the item page and numerous times through the checkout procedure.  It does NOT change.  It is NOT estimated.  Sadly, it is what it is.

What you saw on your last order page is what you will be charged.  The information on that page is ACTUAL.

If a C/S rep told you they are only 'estimates', you were either misinformed or misunderstood.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@zumbagirl wrote:
I knew what the shipping was for a single pair of sandals. It has been quite sometime, like over a year ago, that I have purchased more than one of the same item. When I checked out online, the shipping costs were not $15.00. If the costs were, I would not have purchased three pairs of the sandals. The shipping costs were estimated to be $9.00, which I still felt were high, but was okay paying. I brought this to the attention of the person I was chatting with and was told that purchases placed online are only estimates and never fully billed until the items shipped. If QVC has so-called reduced shipping rates, then why would online orders show shipping costs as estimates? This makes no sense at all.

I'm sorry, but this does make no sense.

When you place an order online, you see EXACTLY what you will be charged on the last page before you hit submit.

There is no such thing as a shipping 'estimate' if you live in the 48 mainland states.  The shipping fee is the shipping fee.  It is shown on the item page and numerous times through the checkout procedure.  It does NOT change.  It is NOT estimated.  Sadly, it is what it is.

What you saw on your last order page is what you will be charged.  The information on that page is ACTUAL.

If a C/S rep told you they are only 'estimates', you were either misinformed or misunderstood.

I agree with @RespectLife.  I've ordered from QVC for many years, and the shipping charge is always what is shown with the page where you see the item.  If you're watching the Q on TV, they clearly show the shipping charge there, too.  It doesn't change when you go to check out or as it's shipped to you.  There are no "estimated" shipping charges.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Contributor

Before Christmas I almost ordered four scarf sets from the Q but the shipping costs would have been $20.00! I ordered something very similar at Kohl's and received them free of shipping charge.  Same with a Dooney purse from Macy's - free shipping. Most companies reward you with free shipping when you spend a certain amount of money. I have definitely looked elsewhere as I will not spend my money on shipping costs when I can get it shipped for free. 

Seems like the shipping charges are going up.  I virtually stopped shopping at QVC when the shipping charges were high.  I started shopping again when the shipping costs were lowered.  Now we are again seeing high shipping.

An example:  Shipping on the KitchenAid hand mixer is now $7.  The last time I looked at it the shipping was $5, and I believe the first time I looked the shipping was around $3.  Hard to justify a shipping charge that is more than 10% of item's cost.

Valued Contributor

It can very frustrated to wait on deliveries of items,especially when you are given a certain time frame for delivery. In the last couple of years l have order items locally. I check on line to see if the items are available and then I have the item shipped to the store or my home,and in most cases I order express delivery. In cases where the delivery changes I am notified, or given a refund on the shipping. 

The shopping channel do have a larger volume of orders and there will be shipping issues but when you are waiting on your delivery that's little comfort.

Occasional Visitor

I returned an item that was on easy pay and I only received $1.02 refund.  I called customer service and they told me that they charged the $6.95 shipping label cost and charged me the $5.00 original shipping costs.  I said so QVC charged me the original shipping cost twice.  She said that was correct.  What a ripoff!!  I have stopped buying from the Q because of their quality is not what it once was and now this.  I'm done.

Valued Contributor

I would buy a lot more from the Q if shipping policy were different.  

I will often be watching a beauty show and see something I like, and then order it from Sephora.  With my VIB rouge I get free two day shipping.  Yes, I have to spend a certain amount per year to get this, but since I already do, it is a nice perk.  When I see a pair of shoes I like, I often buy from Zappos because the cost is the same and shipping is free.  If I see a shirt on QVC I remember that I can buy clothes from numerous retailers and if I spend a minimum amount I get free shipping.  And if all else fails there is Amazon.  You just have to take into account the FULL cost of an item, including shipping costs, shipping time, and returns, when ordering.  

I just don't understand why the Q doesn't have SOME sort of shipping deal.  Q card members get reduced shipping?  An Amazon prime type subscription for the high volume shoppers for free shipping?  Spend X amount, get free or reduced shipping?

Something.  

Respected Contributor

@AV0122 wrote:

I returned an item that was on easy pay and I only received $1.02 refund.  I called customer service and they told me that they charged the $6.95 shipping label cost and charged me the $5.00 original shipping costs.  I said so QVC charged me the original shipping cost twice.  She said that was correct.  What a ripoff!!  I have stopped buying from the Q because of their quality is not what it once was and now this.  I'm done.

This is not true, you are not charged original shipping twice. If you return something you purchased on easy pay, you will get your easy pay back minus the original shipping and return label fee if you used Q's label. That is it, you are not charged twice for the original shipping.

Honored Contributor

@AV0122

That really stinks.  It makes us not want to order anymore.

I think it is confusing when you say they charge you the shipping twice.

It is easier for people to understand that QVC no longer refunds your original shipping.  (unless defective, damaged or QVC error)

Adding in the fact that you have to pay for the return shipping as well (either out of pocket or by using the label, fee is deducted) it is INDEED a costly risk to try something.

ALSO....in 2015 they made a BIG hoopla out of changing the shipping to $3 for all jewelry, clothing and beauty and have NOW gone back on that policy change with NO notice, posting, emails or letters as to such.

You will find many items in those categories now at $5 or more.

I find that offensive that we were never notified.

Contributor

Cannot agree more.  QVC's shipping charges and policies, while they stated were "improved", are way too high compared to other large retailers.  Most, if you spend over $50, shipping/handling are free.  Or how about a great program like Amazon Prime.  With the Q you pay your original S/H and then if you have to return, it's another 6.95 or more.  This is nuts.  I have become MUCH more selective about what I buy on the Q.  Hubby's happy about that :-)