Frequent Contributor

Shipping Costs on Small Items

I'm not complaining about $3.50 to ship an item.  It's not too bad considering some other sites.  It does bother me in this recent order example:  Ordered two of the same bras and paid separate shipping charges totaling $7.00.  These are lightweight and will most likely ship in one bag.  When ordering multiples of small lightweight items that will be shipped together, can we not please get a break??  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shipping Costs on Small Items

Negatory

Honored Contributor

If you want something to gripe about, go to ShopHQ, order 3 moderately priced rings.  They'll be shipped in the same padded envelope and it will cost you almost $25., at $7.99/a piece.  Makes QVC look like a bargain.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Long ago, QVC and HSN used to charge full shipping on the first item, and they would cut the shipping charge in half on the second, third, etc item. Of course, they no longer do this. Unfortunately, it's possibly out of the companies' hands. Shipping prices just went up again back on January 26th. I don't know how much longer any company can keep their shipping prices down...or even offer free shipping. If any company offers free shipping in the future, they probably will raise the price of their merchandise to compensate. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I've heard Host say buy the same item ship it to the same address and pay one shipping charge. That's not true anymore. Now if you order more than one they charge you 3.50 for each item, send them as Individual orders or sometimes together and double charge you for the shipping. That's really not a nice thing to do to your customers in my opinion. With the higher end cost of most items on QVC you would think to keep you spending they would try to be more accommodating on the shipping charges. Very disappointed. 

Honored Contributor

That is where they get you.  Charging shipping for each item -- that stinks.  We can also blame the post office for raising shipping prices sky high.  I do a lot of shopping at Nordstrom and Target (I have red card and receive free shpg. all the time).

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Derwin28 

I totally agree; this has bugged me for quite some time.  It has actually stopped me from buying multiples.  Lets say I put 3 of the same item in my cart, I look at the total with shipping and cancel 2 of them!