Honored Contributor

Re: Shawn's too sick to be on - what's wrong with you Q?

I have asthma and allergies and at times my voice is so hoarse for weeks.  I feel fine except for the coughing and voice.  I would not have been able to keep a job if I stayed home all those days.  

But did you "talk" for a living?  I think that makes the biggest difference.  I can totally undestand not being able to take off time for allergies but if your employment requires you to talk for four hours straight and nothing comes out but hoarseness and dropped words.... there's a huge problem.   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

@K9buddy, like that's nobody's business how much vacation time she uses. 

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sounds like most of you couldn't care less that she's ill and working ... you're just taking another opportunity to make ill remarks.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

@TuesdayTaylor wrote:

Come on QVC, why would you put someone on who is so sick? 

Most if not all of the hosts & hostesses are "sick."  If you notice when one starts hacking, coughing & losing their voice on air, they all start.  It's the domino affect.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

QVC rarely lets a host take off when they're not feeling well.

It's pretty tortuous to listen to, but somehow QVC is okay with it.

Honored Contributor

I didn't see Shawn but I have seen times when hosts are clearly sick onair and I must admit, it truly is distracting and, frankly, cringeworthy at times. QVC really should not allow them onair when they are really sick like that. Plus I feel for the vendors who have to work closely next to them as they are hacking away. I wouldn't be too happy if I were a vendor.

Esteemed Contributor

Shawn is a grown woman.  Put the blame where it belongs which is on shaw.  QVC hardly has her chained on the set.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KathyPet wrote:

Shawn is a grown woman.  Put the blame where it belongs which is on shaw.  QVC hardly has her chained on the set.

QVC should care how their hosts come across onair and if they are sick and hacking away, that is distracting. The "blame" is purely on QVC if they care at all that their customers aren't able to focus on the products being presented because of the sick, hacking, coughing, sneezing, hoarse host.

Respected Contributor

KathyPet is trying to blame Shawn, but I can remember Lisa R. being in the same condition many times, and she continued working. I'm sure if anyone would have been allowed the privilege of going home to recuperate, it would have been Lisa.

It's not Shawn's fault.

Trusted Contributor

Oh please...Shawn is responsible for herself.  She knows exactly what she is doing.