Honored Contributor

Re: Shawn calling male guests BUD?

So what?  They are clothing vendors, not the Pope or a head of state...lol

Honored Contributor

I could always tell when my dad forgot someone's name because he would call them captain.  Woman LOL

As soon as we heard that, my mom, sister and I would joke about it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@suebtheq wrote:

I have heard her call the male quests for halston,Vionic,c.wonder,Isaac and more Bud.

I've heard her call them Bub, Bud, Buddy, Lover. She once referred to Isaac as Cheeky Bugger. There's many more, too. Her boundaries are very loose or even non-existent.

I'd say this is primarily laziness.  She doesn't have to bother remembering anyone's name.  I rarely watch her shows anymore but my impression is that she's very disinterested in her job.

ITA -- very lazy and disinterested.

Contributor

I totally agree.  I was watching her the other day.  She was doing a short presentation with a young woman who was selling cuddle duds.  In fifteen minutes, she referred to the vendor as "girl," "baby girl," and "Mamacita." She also described the item as "sick."  I think Shawn thinks she is being  young and "hip."  She is neither.  Very unprofessional in my opinion.  If I addressed clients in my business that way, you can rest assured that I would be called into HR.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's argumentative.

Valued Contributor

I agree. 

I can assure you that wherever I've worked, I would certainly have been told about, if not given a verbal warning, for calling a customer / vendor, "bud" or any name that was not his /  hers..  It's all about respect.  However, it's quite possible (and based on what I see) that QVC does not put much importance on respect. 

"I never changed, I just learned."
Esteemed Contributor

Monday night she called Isaac "Buster Brown," for gosh sakes. Weren't they shoes or something?

Frequent Contributor

If Shawn can't remember someone's name, why can't she just call them "sir" or "ma'am"? Even "dear" would not be a bad name substitute. The key is, be respectful of the other person and don't patronize them.

I think that's why I tend to prefer Mary Beth and the southern hosts, like David V and Lisa Mason. They would always behave respectfully toward guests (though I don't like it when David calls a female guest "sweetie").

Trusted Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

I hope that if my life every gets to a point where I can take the time out of my day to create a fake profile just to complain about something like this, someone visits me, gives me a hug, and lets me know that I'm loved and wanted. 

_________

AMEN!  

QVC is a home shopping network. It's a form of entertainment. 

She's not setting across the table, from these people, taking a legal deposition, or trying to close a big deal! 

I cant imagine the casualness bothers the vendors, in the least.