Honored Contributor

Re: Shawn calling male guests BUD?

People do not care about decorum any more, I can tell by the posts it's a non issue for most. We are slowly losing all the nice ways of expressing ourselves in this country. IMO calling someone Bud on air unless that's his given name, is just too familiar and unprofessional. SK is selling to her FRIENDS, so I guess in her mind she's just being cute and quirky.

Occasional Contributor

I can't believe that someone feels this is worthy to even talk about...bud, buddy....what is the big deal....

Trusted Contributor

I hope that if my life every gets to a point where I can take the time out of my day to create a fake profile just to complain about something like this, someone visits me, gives me a hug, and lets me know that I'm loved and wanted. 

Respected Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

I hope that if my life every gets to a point where I can take the time out of my day to create a fake profile just to complain about something like this, someone visits me, gives me a hug, and lets me know that I'm loved and wanted. 

@RazorSharp It is not going in the direction the op hoped for I don't think.Woman Wink

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

Nothing at all wrong with that unless the person has a title like Gov., Sen., Dr. etc.  It is just a casual term for a guy.  

Honored Contributor

@suebtheq wrote:

I love Shawn but I have noticed for some time she has been callng the Male guests Bud  instead of by name alot.Its sound disrespectfull and too familiar to me.To me it would be similar to calling female guests babe.Just sayin.

Thanks for the laugh. It never fails ..just when I think I've seen it all, a post like this appears. Lol.

Honored Contributor

Seriously. Do you expect more from Shawn? She is totally unprofessional in every aspect of her job. Dress, speech and demeanor. Shawn calling male vendors and such "Bud" is to be expected.

Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

@RazorSharp - And that you have better things to do with your time.  Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@suebtheq wrote:

I have heard her call the male quests for halston,Vionic,c.wonder,Isaac and more Bud.

I've heard her call them Bub, Bud, Buddy, Lover. She once referred to Isaac as Cheeky Bugger. There's many more, too. Her boundaries are very loose or even non-existent.

I'd say this is primarily laziness.  She doesn't have to bother remembering anyone's name.  I rarely watch her shows anymore but my impression is that she's very disinterested in her job.

She knows their names.  She has to introduce them by name, which she does.  After that she refers to them in the "buddy" manner.  So nothing to do with being lazy.

Respected Contributor

@happygolfcartrider wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@RazorSharp It is not going in the direction the op hoped for I don't think.Woman Wink

I think it's the old "jump on the don't like Shawn bandwagon"