Honored Contributor

@RCTV wrote:

I am thankful that you probably have never had cancer or had to shiver and throw up from chemo,because if you did ,you would understand that for many of us that $250.00

blankdt was our salvation I am not wealthy but I have gifted those blankets to many people who said they helped them get through such a difficult time.   I hope you never experience what many of us have.  You wrap in one and your whole body relaxes and you can rest.   It was my salvation 

@RCTV, I have had many people in my life suffer from cancer, including my own mother.  I am not one to tell anyone how to spend their money.  I couldn't care less.  But a $30.00 throw would serve the same purpose.  

Esteemed Contributor

@JackieHN wrote:

RCTV I hear you and have been there as well. At the time I went through chemo I didn't know about barefoot dreams. I probably would have bought that blanket because Lord whatever gives you comfort is worth it. I just wrapped myself up in my down comforter. 

@JackieHN   So sorry for what you had to go through and hopefully you are better now.  Nothing comforts me more than wrapping up in down, either a comforter or throw.  That's all I use especially if not feeling well.  

Esteemed Contributor

Is this  a new themed show  for Christmas ?  Well, in any event , I do agree with others there are  higher end items  offered.  I've seen some of the same items in catalogs  for abt the same prices.   I do understand that the blanket offered has comforted many people and that numerous celebrities such as Oprah apparently own the same blanket .

However, the polyester blanket is not for me , no matter how soft .  I cuddle up in an Alpaca  sweater .  My Aunt knit  prayer shaws for everyone in our family  who has been ill . I know  she did  actually pray  for us while she was crocheting  . To me that's a real prayer blanket , the old fashion kind.

Honored Contributor

Every time little Miss O's name is mentioned the vendor must add a few $$$$$.....personally I say that sales gimmick needs to go away permanently from QVC And I am not moved to buy anything because a vendor has celebrity clients either....who cares!!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Every time little Miss O's name is mentioned the vendor must add a few $$$$$.....personally I say that sales gimmick needs to go away permanently from QVC And I am not moved to buy anything because a vendor has celebrity clients either....who cares!!!! 

This has got to be the dumbest idea they have ever thought of.  The whole show is one big stinker.

Trusted Contributor

Ridiculous name for a show.  As if Shawn could save someone's Christmas.   Shawn is probably (along with many other hosts) the reason I don't watch QVC anymore or order.    

Frequent Contributor

Agree.mit is a terrible, pretentious name for a show.

Honored Contributor

I think QVC tries to think  of "catchy" names for the shows to attract viewers that hopefully become shoppers.   That doesn't bother me at all.     It does bother me when they use the name of a celebrity to try to sell the product even though the celebrity has nothing to do with the product.  I never buy based on a celebrity's "choice."  I do choose not to buy and to change the channel.

Honored Contributor

Has she saved Christmas  yet?  

Respected Contributor

Is that the only show you watched? 

There were many affordable gifts on David's Down Home Christmas. I had QVC on the main channel while I watched TV shows I recorded with my DVR and he would pop up every time a show ended and I saw all kinds of things for under $50.