Respected Contributor

RCTV I hear you and have been there as well. At the time I went through chemo I didn't know about barefoot dreams. I probably would have bought that blanket because Lord whatever gives you comfort is worth it. I just wrapped myself up in my down comforter. 

Trusted Contributor

Agree jackthebear. Sell the product for the "right" reason and not financial gain. There are so many people that could use/need that throw but cannot afford it. Shame. They deserve the same comfort during those times as the person financially able to buy.

But instead, like the one poster said, they wrap themselves up in a comforter or blanket they already have.

Respected Contributor

I think it's a dumb name for a show, along with the pricing issues brought up.

Trusted Contributor

I think the title is silly.  They have so commercialized the Holiday and making money they forget what the day is really about.  Hold on because on December 26th they will be throwing all things Spring at us even though Spring will be months away.  They go from fall fashion to spring fashion in one month.  It is just overkill.

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear   I totally agree with you about using someones illness to sell blankets, bibles, prayer boxes, etc.  It is fine to sell those items and they are lovely, but I hate when a host opens their presentation mentioning their own family members or friends who are ill or have been ill.  It comes off like a selling tactic to me and I personally just don't like it. 

Respected Contributor

I think Kourtney needs to take off that silly looking hat.  And Shawn needs to lose that word sidebar.

Super Contributor

I turned it to the Q after they had been on for a while. I just thought the show was odd. I am all for having fun and being in a casual atmosphere, but I wondered if that wine they kept drinking was going to their heads! (And I thought that was odd in and of itself that they had to carry that wine glass all around with them anyway.)They just acted silly at times. Strange word choices and illustrations. I get that they do certain things ON PURPOSE because they are there to SELL. It just comes across as overkill to me. And goofy. I have tuned in three times within the last week or two and seen some of the same behavior.  Laying down on the floor on the rug while wearing those Elton John glasses and swinging your feet around behind you while typing on your tablet like a school girl. I just end up turning the channel. 

And the blankets might be super soft and comfortable to people who are going through difficult times. Kudos to those of you who can actually afford to gift  many of them to others. I can just find a nice, soft, cuddly blanket that is similar for much less money. In fact, I have. I found one of Sam's club for about $25. One of the softest blankets I've ever owned.

Regular Contributor
I thought last night's show was better than the previous one. Though they really need to can the obnoxious song that they play throughout.
Honored Contributor

Worse show EVER

Respected Contributor

Re: Shawn Saves Christmas

[ Edited ]

One foggy Christmas Eve, Shawn steps up and guides Santa's sleigh